• Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earn a commission for the forum and allow us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear and fashion.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Minimizing existing creases?

ClashCityRocker

Reaction score
I use shoe trees and rotate shoes. i can't condition these due to the burnishing that antiques the finsish (which i thought might softed the leather). is there anything that I can do to make these existing toe creases less drastic? could a cobbler do anything. picture below:
thanks

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had similar issues with shoes where there was too much room in the toe box. To repeat the question above, are they too big?

ClashCityRocker

Reaction score
No they're the perfect size, I actually have the same shoe in a different color/finish and it broke in differently (small waves that retract when the shoe goes flat opposed to a defined crease along the toe break). I don't mind regular creases, I understand that it's the nature of leather but the crease just dips down so it almost gives the look of a Toe Cap. Is it possible that a good cobbler could lessen the effect? They're Prada and I've recently been informed of a shop that the local Prada takes its inhouse repairs...

archetypal_yuppie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Nope. Not something to worry about, though.

Also, if you want to take care of them, you should condition, regardless of burnishing.

^ Referring to if there's anything that he can do about the creases, not to sizing.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on all

Creasing on shoes is a done deal, I have asked cobblers this question, nothing they can do. They might be too big (shoe sizing can be tricky business), but if the creasing is not causing discomfort, just enjoy them.

Get some Saphir Reno to condition, and they look just fine...

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

What Is The Best Value Shoe Brand For Money?

• Meermin

Votes: 35 15.9%
  • TLB Mallorca

Votes: 37 16.8%
  • Cheaney

Votes: 7 3.2%
  • Carmina

Votes: 33 15.0%
  • Crockett & Jones

Votes: 36 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 72 32.7%