1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Minimalist Stereo Rec.

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by nmprisons, Dec 21, 2017.

1. nmprisons

nmprisons Distinguished Member

I know nothing about audio equipment. Nothing. I have had something that played music in probably 10 years. So take pity and help me identify something I can place on a shelf in my office that will play music I like (either streaming or from a CD). Here are the requirements:

1. My highest priority (I'm sorry audiophiles) is aesthetics. My office has minimalist shelves (vitsoe) and mid-century modern furniture (mostly walnut and black leather). I'd like something that fits that aesthetic and looks great.

2. It has to comfortably fit on my shelf, which is 14" deep and 36" long.

3. It has to be easy to operate.

4. I'd like to be able to add speakers, perhaps even speakers in other rooms in the house. But this is a low priority.

Many thanks in advance.

2. milosh

milosh Senior Member

I doubt you're going to get many answers as your question is too open ended. What's your budget? You'll probably do well if you get some entry level studio monitors and something like Sonos.

3. sfo423

sfo423 Senior Member

Since you are not an audiophile look at Sonos assuming your collection is digital. You can integrate your home/rooms and control from iPad/iPhone.

4. nmprisons

nmprisons Distinguished Member

Thank you for the suggestion. A colleague said the same thing.

5. Ericloveslife

Ericloveslife New Member

No worries. Like sfo423 suggested, get an iPhone or I would recommend getting a MB300. Those things are super slick.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2018

6. Lionel Hutz

Lionel Hutz Distinguished Member