• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Minecraft

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
i tried once. no idea what the point of it was

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bump. Love minecraft.... and just found out the guy who made has created it has made around 30 million. Amazing, considering how simple it is. And it's purely online distribution.

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
30 million!?!??!!? But given how addicting people say it is, I guess it's not surprising. He also has a neat way of distributing it that doesn't involve other people just pirating it for free.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone mind telling me what the hell the game is about?

robertorex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I personally don't find it that entrancing either. it's supposed to be like, online lego you can walk around in.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How does he distribute it without pirating?

I played a bit online. I don't know how people like it. You just build block after block. What's the point. Maybe if you built your own fort and others invade....

L.R.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The thing is... it's still in Beta. Awhile ago he added red blocks which work as circuits. So of course people have already built computers in it.......

As for pirating... I'm sure you could, but the best game play is online.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
How does he distribute it without pirating?

I played a bit online. I don't know how people like it. You just build block after block. What's the point. Maybe if you built your own fort and others invade....

The online ver isn't anything like what you buy. People should avoid playing it. I dont know why they still even have it since everyone gets the wrong impression with it.

Reggs

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
It's hard to tell people about the game. I read nothing but amazing things about the game for weeks and never understood what the fuss was about. I got it one night and stayed up playing until 4am. The next day I spent every waking hour brooding about what to do in the game when I got back home.

The game starts off with you dropped in this randomly generated world. During the day time, you are safe. At night, enemies come out that you cant really fight off. The first order of business is to rush and crate basic tools, a basic hut/hole in the ground to hide in at night time, and maybe some torches so you can actually see what's around you around you.

Eventually you get nice tools, a nice home base built, but it's not enough. It's never enough. I soon found myself teraforming my entire island, exploring seemingly endless caves, building different structures, monster traps, farms, obelisks, underground tunnels, tree farms, and the list goes on.

You have to plan out things well and spend a lot of time on them. If anything goes wrong you cant go back to a previous save. You can also die very easily deep inside a cave with a lot of great loot, so there is a huge amount of tension when playing. It's also strangely scary. You will hear monsters through walls, they will sneak up on you, you will fall into deep caverns if you dig below you ect... The game has more tension and "boo" scary moments than any Resident Evil or Silent Hill game. It's also great to look at all that you have created and just think of how it was once a barren island, and you had to once start out by building a small hut before nightfall.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0VWnQ...9743EA97E8BCDF

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Dashaansafin
What's the point. Maybe if you built your own fort and others invade....

People do this. It takes a lot of work and organization though.

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Lel
People do this. It takes a lot of work and organization though.

Yeah, game can get very fun when doing this. Though it can get messy and you can end up spending a whole night playing it.

Dashaansafin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just found Minecraft on Demonoid, Kickasstorrents, etc for free....I thought it was anti-piracy.

Lel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The online version should be.

Single player is kind of pointless.

Bhowie

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Anyone interested in an SF server?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads