1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

min.us - instant drag image hosting

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by minusinc, Nov 6, 2010.

1. minusinc

minusinc Well-Known Member

site is awesome. tx for the heads up.

No problem!

i like the service

Thanks ! [​IMG]

How do I make multiple albums

Just go to homepage of min.us or click on "NEW" bottom right.

If I drag more than one image into the browser, creating an album, how do I rename the album once created?

You can click on the pencil icon top right to rename the gallery.

This is pretty cool.

Thanks!

2. unjung

unjung Senior member

I uploaded a gallery, 10.8 megs, and 30 minutes later I can view all the images but the little spinning arrows are still going full-tilt on about ten of them. If I load the gallery in a new window, not all the images show up.

3. minusinc

I uploaded a gallery, 10.8 megs, and 30 minutes later I can view all the images but the little spinning arrows are still going full-tilt on about ten of them. If I load the gallery in a new window, not all the images show up.

Hi,

Can you let me know the browser you're using, operating system and also your average upload speed in kb per sec?

If the icons are still spinning that means the gallery isn't finished uploading yet.

Cheers

4. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

How meta is this, I went to upload a jpg, and i got an error that jpg isn't supported. So I snipped that error message, saved it as a jpg and then uploaded it to the site. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Win7, Firefox 3.6.13

5. unjung

unjung Senior member

Hi, Can you let me know the browser you're using, operating system and also your average upload speed in kb per sec? If the icons are still spinning that means the gallery isn't finished uploading yet. Cheers
    Chrome, XP SP2, 50kbps. I came back to the gallery just now and only 50 images are there, of 67 I uploaded, so I deleted the whole thing to start over. I tried to upload 40 this time and now only 18 show in the gallery menu, even though the gallery overview page says there are 38 images in the gallery. So I uploaded 40, the gallery says it contains 38, and only 18 show on the listing.

6. unjung

unjung Senior member

Chrome, XP SP2, 50kbps.

I came back to the gallery just now and only 50 images are there, of 67 I uploaded, so I deleted the whole thing to start over. I tried to upload 40 this time and now only 18 show in the gallery menu, even though the gallery overview page says there are 38 images in the gallery. So I uploaded 40, the gallery says it contains 38, and only 18 show on the listing.

Still "loading" this morning.

7. Matt

Matt Senior member

I just want to commend the OP on the way he has used this thread and its feedback. Glad I didn't spaminate him on the first post, and wish him well with the business.

8. minusinc

I just want to commend the OP on the way he has used this thread and its feedback. Glad I didn't spaminate him on the first post, and wish him well with the business.

Thank you very much. Really appreciate it, and we will do our best [​IMG]

9. minusinc

How meta is this, I went to upload a jpg, and i got an error that jpg isn't supported. So I snipped that error message, saved it as a jpg and then uploaded it to the site. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Win7, Firefox 3.6.13

That is bizarre. What type of jpg image? Can you email me john@min.us the file so I can debug it?

Cheers

10. minusinc

Hi, That is very bizarre. Can you reply here or email me john@min.us the gallery URLs so we can investigate? I really want to troubleshoot this more.
    Chrome, XP SP2, 50kbps. I came back to the gallery just now and only 50 images are there, of 67 I uploaded, so I deleted the whole thing to start over. I tried to upload 40 this time and now only 18 show in the gallery menu, even though the gallery overview page says there are 38 images in the gallery. So I uploaded 40, the gallery says it contains 38, and only 18 show on the listing.
    Still "loading" this morning.
    It's very possible due to your internet connection "timing out" or something happened during the upload. Maybe try smaller images but 50 still? Like 50-100 kb per image, 50 images.

11. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

That is bizarre. What type of jpg image? Can you email me john@min.us the file so I can debug it?

Cheers

Will do that when I get home.

12. areyounoob

areyounoob Active Member

This is a great service. Good luck in the future.

bookmarked!

13. unjung

unjung Senior member

Are galleries limited to 50 images? I think that's actually my problem.

I think you need to make a slider function so I can grab the page and scroll through images quickly. Clicking through them is a pain.

14. akatsuki

akatsuki Senior member

I want a mac dashboard widget which automatically sticks the forum url into the clipboard. Please.

15. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

How meta is this, I went to upload a jpg, and i got an error that jpg isn't supported. So I snipped that error message, saved it as a jpg and then uploaded it to the site. [​IMG] [​IMG] Win7, Firefox 3.6.13
    That is bizarre. What type of jpg image? Can you email me john@min.us the file so I can debug it? Cheers
    Oh wait... I think I just figured it out. That picture is 10.6mb Maybe you don't have a code for "That image is too big, stupid!" so it just read as an unreadable jpg? I'll try uploading a slightly smaller pic. Edit: Seems to work fine. Maybe a way to resize images for sharing would be nice. [​IMG]

16. minusinc

This is a great service. Good luck in the future. bookmarked!
    Thank you and glad to hear and share w/ your friends when u get a chance and check out Minus @ Google Chrome app store [​IMG] https://chrome.google.com/webstore/d...ikkhigcbpgpklk

17. minusinc

Are galleries limited to 50 images? I think that's actually my problem.

I think you need to make a slider function so I can grab the page and scroll through images quickly. Clicking through them is a pain.

Hi

The limit is 50. You can use arrows on your keyboard to scroll right now as well as click. We are adding arrows to the page itself soon and slider is to come in the future [​IMG]

Thanks

18. minusinc

I want a mac dashboard widget which automatically sticks the forum url into the clipboard. Please.

Can you be more specific or show examples? Right now you can just click on link and CMD + C to copy on Mac easily.

19. minusinc

Oh wait... I think I just figured it out. That picture is 10.6mb
    Maybe you don't have a code for "That image is too big, stupid!" so it just read as an unreadable jpg?

I'll try uploading a slightly smaller pic.

Edit: Seems to work fine.
    Maybe a way to resize images for sharing would be nice. [​IMG]

Thanks glad to hear. We'll fix the bug of the display of error for over limit [​IMG]

As for resizing that's not a feature right now, but we'll look into it!

Cheers

20. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Thanks glad to hear. We'll fix the bug of the display of error for over limit [​IMG]
    I suggest the error message actually says "This image is too big, stupid!"