• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mimmo Siviglia bespoke shirts London Visit November 10-14, 2012

MCAII

Reaction score
Mimmo and Francesca Siviglia are taking appointments for their upcoming London visit, November 10-14, 2012.

Appointments can be requested at http://www.mimmosiviglia.com/contact/appointment.html or [email protected].

They will bring all the latest samples from Carlo Riva, SIC Tess, Thomas Mason, etc. (including the new SIC Tess 300s)

For a glimpse of some of the Riva samples: http://www.mimmosiviglia.com/fabrics/riva.html

Last edited:

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Mimmo and Francesca Siviglia are taking appointments for their upcoming London visit, November 10-14, 2012.
Appointments can be requested at http://www.mimmosiviglia.com/contact/appointment.html or [email protected].
They will bring all the latest samples from Carlo Riva, SIC Tess, Thomas Mason, etc. (including the new SIC Tess 300s)
For a glimpse of some of the Riva samples: http://www.mimmosiviglia.com/fabrics/riva.html

Thanks for the heads up.

Pricing is what? About EUR 400?

But I'm not going to try two new shirtmakers at once.... I'm not going to try two new shirtmakers at once... I'm not going to try two new shirtmakers at once... I might be interested.

MCAII

Reaction score
Hi, depending on fabric and extras like hand-sewn buttonholes and monograms, his shirts start from a lot less than EUR 400. But, with a 300s fabric and handmade extras the price could reach EUR 650+. He offers a fine shirt for a wide range of (bespoke!) budgets.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys. That's not bad at all.

I'm not going to try two new shirtmakers at once.... I'm not going to try two new shirtmakers at once...

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

:)
Who is the other? Emma Willis?

She's the only London maker I'd consider but at 400 pounds per shirt with something like a 4 shirt minimum, no thanks.

I think I got a good non-recommendation recommendation on LL and I'll travel to Paris to do the fittings when she visits there.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow - she's that expensive?? No love for Budd, T&A, or the others?

I assume you're referring to Mary Frittolini - she seems pretty well-regarded by Alden.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Andreyb poasted some Budd pics which showed the same sloppy construction I found on the Harvie & Hudson shirts I ordered. The high minimum orders and, at best, mixed reviews on the forums have lead me to write off Jermyn Street / Savile Row for shirts.

I prefer something trim and I can't be in the same room as a Ringhart swatch book without throwing up - hence my looking south.

ShayaEXQT

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
She's the only London maker I'd consider but at 400 pounds per shirt with something like a 4 shirt minimum, no thanks.
I think I got a good non-recommendation recommendation on LL and I'll travel to Paris to do the fittings when she visits there.

Emma Willis is really that good!?

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Don't really know - the price has put me off.

Promising signs - offers Alumo cloth (which, to be fair, some others now do as well), her ties are ade by Drakes so good taste, the construction quality of the bespoke shirts I saw in the shop seemed very good and she's easy on the eyes.

So not quite scientific.

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Francesca and Mimmo are really cool. Was a nice meeting all around.

Maybe the most pleasant surprise - the price. With EUR @ 1.27, not any more expensive than Geneva.

Grammaton Cleric

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Francesca and Mimmo are really cool. Was a nice meeting all around.
Maybe the most pleasant surprise - the price. With EUR @ 1.27, not any more expensive than Geneva.

That's good to hear. I hope you'll post pics - muslin fittings, right?

Cantabrigian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yes - there will be a 'prova-type' made. Though I think they do it in scraps of actual shirting as opposed to muslin (not that it really makes a difference).

Pretty fast turnaround. I said I'd probably be in Rome in April and they said I'll have the shirts before that. I think they're here next in Jan.

Kristal Jones

Reaction score
Great to hear that you had a recommendation for Emma Willis. I hope you managed to find a bespoke shirt that fits your spec.

Just to let you know that our Bespoke shirts actually start at £280 not as high as £400!! and the minimum order is 3 shirts and made in our Gloucester factory.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads