• We would like to welcome Craftsman Clothing back as an official Affiliate Vendor. Craftsman Clothing is a brand for the refined men who want to look good with minimal effort, and care about products that are well-made. In additon to being a go-to brand for all things essential, Craftsman Clothing also offers bespoke outerwear that’s uniquely crafted for you. Please visit their thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Miloh Shop: Viberg, Tricker's, Zonkey Boot, Japanese Denim + More - Official Affiliate Thread

DavidCreightonB

Reaction score
@grizzlygiant Hi Kevin, I may be interested in the smoke kudu slipper, but am perplexed about slipper sizing due to being on the fence about whether my 2030 sizing in my collection of Viberg service boots is dialed in properly. I sent a neurotic email to you about slipper sizing and am hoping you can sort me out so I can put a deposit down before the deadline. Thanks in advance for your help!!
First - Kevin provides very good guidance. I've ordered a few shoes a full size down via Kevin's guidance and scared I made a big mistake. They arrive, I put them on, panic because I think they are too tight then after a short time I realize they fit. My experience with the 2030 to the slipper was to go down a full size. I wear them without socks and have a C width. I went down a 1/2 size and the slipper kept popping out at the heel when I walked, even with light weight socks. Needs to fit tight so my toes are close (like really close but not touching) to the end. Keep you toenails clipped kinda fit. I get them in soft leather like kangaroo. Kudu should be about the same. So I wear 8.5 in Viberg 2030 and 7.5 in the slippers. I'm not sure how wider feet fit in the slippers.

As for the 2030, I am a Brannock 9.5 and wear the 8.5 Viberg. That's a comfortable fit. White 4811 are 8.5 and have toe and side room, 8.5 in the 5 Tricker's but that has a lot of side room, Zonkey and Joe Works a size 8 because I have a narrow foot and are a tight but comfortable wrap around fit. Folks with wider feet can jump in on the slipper fit for them.

DaveB

grizzlygiant

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
@grizzlygiant Hi Kevin, I may be interested in the smoke kudu slipper, but am perplexed about slipper sizing due to being on the fence about whether my 2030 sizing in my collection of Viberg service boots is dialed in properly. I sent a neurotic email to you about slipper sizing and am hoping you can sort me out so I can put a deposit down before the deadline. Thanks in advance for your help!!
Will respond to your email tomorrow. Others can chime in with sizing advice as well.

Nvspwndamnstr39

Reaction score
First - Kevin provides very good guidance. I've ordered a few shoes a full size down via Kevin's guidance and scared I made a big mistake. They arrive, I put them on, panic because I think they are too tight then after a short time I realize they fit. My experience with the 2030 to the slipper was to go down a full size. I wear them without socks and have a C width. I went down a 1/2 size and the slipper kept popping out at the heel when I walked, even with light weight socks. Needs to fit tight so my toes are close (like really close but not touching) to the end. Keep you toenails clipped kinda fit. I get them in soft leather like kangaroo. Kudu should be about the same. So I wear 8.5 in Viberg 2030 and 7.5 in the slippers. I'm not sure how wider feet fit in the slippers.

As for the 2030, I am a Brannock 9.5 and wear the 8.5 Viberg. That's a comfortable fit. White 4811 are 8.5 and have toe and side room, 8.5 in the 5 Tricker's but that has a lot of side room, Zonkey and Joe Works a size 8 because I have a narrow foot and are a tight but comfortable wrap around fit. Folks with wider feet can jump in on the slipper fit for them.

DaveB
David, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your fit experience and your anxiety about getting things dialed in properly. I'm glad you ended up with the right fit for you!

It makes sense to me why one would want to shoot for a close fit with the slipper. I want a snug fit to avoid heel slippage and for the sake of walking comfort. However, I plan to wear the slippers this summer while seeing therapy patients in my private practice, during which time I don't want any bodily impingements related to shoe tightness to bother my ability to maintain evenly hovering attention and present centeredness during sessions. Sheesh, I'm starting to sound like the princess from the Princess and the Pea.

I think the slipper last brings up the age-old fitment question about how much we're supposed to size down from TTS. The Viberg thread here at SF has had numerous opinions thrown back and forth regarding whether the 2030 should be sized at TTS minus .5 (a la the Alden Barrie last) or at TTS minus 1. In my observation, it appears that one's mileage may vary as a function of foot width and toe length, the latter of which may not be well captured in a Brannock-based approach. I trust what you're saying about being a tts 9.5 and having good fit with the 2030 at 8.5; indeed, lots of guys have done well with this approach. However, I own about 12 pairs of Viberg service boots on the 2030 and have tried both approaches. When I've sized down a half size, I end up with roominess and comfort, along with the freedom to wear socks of whatever thickness. When I've sized down the full size, I've ended up with tightness in the achilles and a cramped pinky toe, and a sense of regret/shame (and basically have ended up shelving the smaller pair). Btw, anyone interested in a plain toed horsehide service boot from Notre Shop in size 8 from circa 2016? You might push me over the edge to try Miloh Shop's consignment service.

I wonder if we're in different camps, given that you're a C width and I'm somewhere between a D and E width with ugly long toes. All in all, I'm still perplexed on whether I should size the slipper at half down from 2030 or full size down from 2030. Hoping Kevin can clear this up for us. Am I looking at heel slippage in the larger size or do I go for the smaller size and risk sardine-can toes?

This is why I prefer boots to loafers and slippers: there are more degrees of freedom given lacing options. But the grey kudu looks so nice!!!

bry2000

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don’t have a definitive answer on Viberg slipper sizing, but this is what I know so far.

I am my Barrie last size for the 2030 (1/2 down from Brannock). When I tried the slippers with dress socks a full size down from Brannock, I had serious heel slippage. I was not confident the heel slippage would have abated with break in. Unfortunately, the stockist did not have the half size down for me to try so I cannot say whether they would have been long enough.

mattw

Reaction score
For whatever this is worth:

I'm a comfortable/wiggle-room 9 in 1035, comfortable/snug 9E in Trubalance, and borderline/should size up 9E in Barrie. I took an 8.5 in the slipper and sort of freaked out when they first arrived, but its the perfect size. I still have heel slip even though they are snug, mostly because I don't think I've fully broken the sole in. Whether you size down for dress socks/sockless (I've mostly used thin loafer socks) or don't go so far but fully intend on thick socks to compensate, I really think you need to go snug until you're absolutely sure they've broken in. Hope that doesn't derail your plans because these shoes are pretty great.

honestpanda

Reaction score
Since Viberg is out of Crust CXL do you think maybe doing the 145 work oxford makeup in that smooth rust stampede cxl?

58647DE1-9DE9-4B5D-A8E4-83CA30E43550.jpeg

AJL

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Too late to get in on snuff suede side zip order? If so, will you be stocking any? Thx

IronRiceBowl

Reaction score
David, Thank you so much for taking the time to share your fit experience and your anxiety about getting things dialed in properly. I'm glad you ended up with the right fit for you!

It makes sense to me why one would want to shoot for a close fit with the slipper. I want a snug fit to avoid heel slippage and for the sake of walking comfort. However, I plan to wear the slippers this summer while seeing therapy patients in my private practice, during which time I don't want any bodily impingements related to shoe tightness to bother my ability to maintain evenly hovering attention and present centeredness during sessions. Sheesh, I'm starting to sound like the princess from the Princess and the Pea.

I think the slipper last brings up the age-old fitment question about how much we're supposed to size down from TTS. The Viberg thread here at SF has had numerous opinions thrown back and forth regarding whether the 2030 should be sized at TTS minus .5 (a la the Alden Barrie last) or at TTS minus 1. In my observation, it appears that one's mileage may vary as a function of foot width and toe length, the latter of which may not be well captured in a Brannock-based approach. I trust what you're saying about being a tts 9.5 and having good fit with the 2030 at 8.5; indeed, lots of guys have done well with this approach. However, I own about 12 pairs of Viberg service boots on the 2030 and have tried both approaches. When I've sized down a half size, I end up with roominess and comfort, along with the freedom to wear socks of whatever thickness. When I've sized down the full size, I've ended up with tightness in the achilles and a cramped pinky toe, and a sense of regret/shame (and basically have ended up shelving the smaller pair). Btw, anyone interested in a plain toed horsehide service boot from Notre Shop in size 8 from circa 2016? You might push me over the edge to try Miloh Shop's consignment service.

I wonder if we're in different camps, given that you're a C width and I'm somewhere between a D and E width with ugly long toes. All in all, I'm still perplexed on whether I should size the slipper at half down from 2030 or full size down from 2030. Hoping Kevin can clear this up for us. Am I looking at heel slippage in the larger size or do I go for the smaller size and risk sardine-can toes?

This is why I prefer boots to loafers and slippers: there are more degrees of freedom given lacing options. But the grey kudu looks so nice!!!
Could you pm me pictures of the Notre service boots?

scb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
is it too late for the smoke kudu slipper preorder? the page says may 3, but it looks like I can still actually go through with the purchase. wearing the sage today and thinking i want more

Featured Sponsor

HOW OFTEN DO YOU SHOP FOR CLOTHES ONLINE?

• I mainly buy my clothes online.

• I shop online only if there is a sale.

• I shop online when shipping and returns are free.

• I shop in store only for very expensive items I want to try on.

• I mainly shop in store.

Results are only viewable after voting.