1. Hi, I'm the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.

Miloh Shop: Viberg, Tricker's, Zonkey Boot, Japanese Denim + More - Official Affiliate Thread

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by grizzlygiant, Feb 23, 2018.

1. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

Grizzly is on it!

First glance, Kuon looks sick. If you told me some of those were Kapital pieces I would have believed you. And I mean that in a good way. These are exactly the sorts of brands I was talking about earlier. :) (I know they might be hard to sell, looking at the Batoner & Eastlogue stock, but I sure do appreciate somebody spotlighting all this good stuff)

OK, I've got one more total-longshot pick. I've been on a huge Danner kick for most of 2018. Danner has a lot of awesome (higher-end) models they only make for the JP market - not just collabs (Sophnet, Snow Peak, etc.), but their standard boots in higher-end leathers. I would love love love to have a stockist help me get my hands on some of them.

2. bry2000

bry2000 Distinguished Member

Kuon looks interesting — as long as you are ahead of the patchwork clothing cycle. I have a feeling it may be nearing a peak.

3. grizzlygiant

grizzlygiant Senior Member Affiliate Vendor

For whatever reason Danner/White's tends to have A LOT of exclusives for the Japanese market... Why, i'm not sure. Mind positing some examples of what you're looking at so I can talk to the boys and see what's possible?

And yea, KUON is incredible. Obviously need a lot more details but they are a brand i'm really excited to check out.

4. grizzlygiant

I feel like they showcase mostly their boro work on IG because... it's what is hot and catchy but they have quite a wide range of products. Agreed though.. I think boro/patchwork will always have a place but not necessarily to the extent it's at now.

5. grizzlygiant

Probably not. I'll talk to this with them when I go to NYC and meet with them

6. Callusing

Callusing Senior Member

I've always assumed there was a bigger market for heavy, overbuilt boots in Japan than in the U.S., but that's just a perception.

Re: Danner, the stuff that I find most compelling of their JP work is the all-leather versions of their standard silhouettes, which I think would be great as true casual boots that can take a beating if need be. They also roll out some nicer leathers for Japan, which remedies maybe the one weak area in Danner's Made-in-USA releases (which I still love - I've got 6 pairs*).

They put out a TON of interesting one-off collabs (Snowpeak, Sophnet, White Mountaineering, Briefing, etc.), but in terms of consistent stuff a lot of it is stocked at Stumptown Japan:
    Horse butt Mountain Lights
    Horse Butt Lights
    Black Combat Hikers
    Suede-paneled Explorers

and lots of other stuff like that. (You can leave behind the hilariously priced $1800 shell cordovan boots, though...) They also have a ton of interesting JP-only stuff at the lower end if you wanted to pepper any of that into the store. Basically their whole brand is a bit less granola and a little more city in Japan, it seems, and it leads to a lot of good silhouettes.

*2 Lights, 2 Mountain Passes, 1 Combat Hiker and this year's awesome Cabourn collab.

7. Sartorium

Sartorium Senior Member

You're probably more dialed in to Japan than I am, any interesting bagmakers caught your eye? Cornelian Taurus has been really wedged in my brain recently but I have the feeling it's just the tip of the iceberg.

8. grizzlygiant

Great stuff guys. Forgot to mention I'll be meeting with Orslow.

@Sartorium I'm not really in tune with the market for bags however it's something i'll be exploring more in the future to have more travel bag options.

9. Nvspwndamnstr39

Nvspwndamnstr39 Senior Member

Where no one knows what good coffee is nor what a
    Would you consider Blue Blue Japan?

10. grizzlygiant

Already carry them. Their first shipment will be arriving for SS19.

11. Nvspwndamnstr39

Nvspwndamnstr39 Senior Member

Where no one knows what good coffee is nor what a
    That’s great news!!

12. KaleidoscopicK

KaleidoscopicK Senior Member

Late to the brands talk, but I'd like to see Miloh carry Sage de Cret and Kaptain Sunshine. I'd say Blue Blue Japan as well but Kevin's got it covered. (Glad to see that you convinced them after all! Or did Boboli stop carrying them?)

Those are the brands where I would consider paying full price or waiting for a small discount for the right item. As much as I like Comme des Garcons Homme, Needles and Kapital, I'd either think it's too expensive at full price (CdG Homme), or would be more inclined to order from Japan (Kapital).

13. Chaconne

Chaconne Senior Member

MYbe Kaptain Sunshine’s other brand Auralee? Harder to find.

14. grizzlygiant

TPP is in effect for Canada so in theory pricing should be the same in Canada (+ Europe) as it is Japan which should help with some of the higher price Japanese brands. It's just been implemented so I'm researching it hard but hopefully this = cheaper products for you guys.

Boboli will also be carrying BBJ but they couldn't resist my charm :D.

I have messaged CDG about CDG/Junya lines so we will see what happense there. I also already have added Sage de Cret and will be here in the next few weeks.

15. grizzlygiant

Never even heard of em. I'll check em out. Definitely going to inquire into Kaptain Sunshine.