• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Miller's Oath

NOBD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TRINI
Of course I did. I'm actually in NYC a couple of weeks from now so I might go check it out in person.

Why did I ask?

Bespoke 51

Reaction score
Originally Posted by NOBD
Why did I ask?

Nice new pictorial in GQ. Have any members visited the shop? What is the make, quality, and overall construction of the bespoke goods?

Wongtouski

Reaction score
I really like the rounded extreme cutaway collars, other than that from the pics alone...nothing that different right?

Random: we need more of these stores in ASIA (Hong Kong and elsewhere, not just Japan)

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Wongtouski
Random: we need more of these stores in ASIA (Hong Kong and elsewhere, not just Japan)

Ummm...have you been to The Armoury in HK in the Pedder Building yet? It might be just what you're looking for.

Wongtouski

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Ummm...have you been to The Armoury in HK in the Pedder Building yet? It might be just what you're looking for.

Oh yeah I've definitely been, it's a great shop, actually planning to go this weekend.

I'm thinking more in the neighborhood of tailoring shops in HK, it'll be nice if we have a younger generation of guys running tailoring shops.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Personally, I think age and experience go more hand-in-hand with good tailors than youthful energy. When I'm in HK I'm all set with Peter Lee and Chan for tailoring and The Armoury for accessories. A winning combo in my book!

Wongtouski

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Slewfoot
Personally, I think age and experience go more hand-in-hand with good tailors than youthful energy. When I'm in HK I'm all set with Peter Lee and Chan for tailoring and The Armoury for accessories. A winning combo in my book!

Yeah you're right about that, I made 2 shirts with Lee, the cheapest possible ones. Like it but the quality is subpar (it's the materials, not him), planning to get some legit ones this weekend as well.

I guess my gripe with HK is that lack of individualism overall in the city, you have good tailoring houses, and you have the run of the mill big boys. It annoys me a little when I.T. owns a lot of brands you see in a mall, and places like Polo simply cater to the mob and has mainly Big Polo Polo shirts only. Ok I'm rambling.

Slewfoot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Definitely worth it to get the fully monty shirts from Peter. Tell him I (David Beckwith) sends my regards as that may give him a better indication of what you're looking for. Just grabbed a bunch of summer shirts from him. He has nice linens and seersuckers available now. Good luck!

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
there is a three page article about Miller's Oath and Kirk Miller in today's WSJ Weekend Magazine... haven't read it yet but came here for some background info. The pix of clothing certainly look nice, but as mentioned seem pricey for what they are. We'll see....

Odd I/O

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Definitely worth it to get the fully monty shirts from Peter. Tell him I (David Beckwith) sends my regards as that may give him a better indication of what you're looking for. Just grabbed a bunch of summer shirts from him. He has nice linens and seersuckers available now. Good luck!

Can you explain that a little more? Do you mean thick MOP buttons. hand stitching etc...? I don't know much about their operation but am considering them for future shirts..

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Can you explain that a little more? Do you mean thick MOP buttons. hand stitching etc...? I don't know much about their operation but am considering them for future shirts..

Peter Lee makes decent shirts for the price. They are well made and not at all like some of the other crappy TST **** in that area. But they are not at all top of the line either. I believe thin MOP buttons are standard, but what hand stitching are you expecting? I checked Lee's website and it seems maybe the prices have gone up ($460HKD per) or they just point out their highest-end shirts online... I've had plenty of good shirts made there for $250-$350HKD with all the standard trimmings... but if they're into the $400-$450HKD range I would prefer going to Jantzen's. Not that they are the BEST in HK, but just saying that Jantzen's "basic" shirt is nicer than Peter Lee's and for around $50USD a helluva lot better than any regular OTR stuff.

negusnegas

Reaction score
I came across a nice Miller's Oath for Bergdorff suit at the Neiman Outlet and was wondering who made those for them. Didn't feel like the usual suspects from my quick inspection.

Featured Sponsor

Do You Consider Sustainability When Purchasing Clothes?

• Always - Sustainability is a top priority in all my clothing purchases.

• Often - I frequently consider sustainability, but it isn't the main factor in my decisions.

• Rarely - I seldom consider sustainability when purchasing clothes.

• Never - Sustainability is not a factor I consider in my clothing choices.

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sistersaucy