• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Military style shirts

sbbbjm

Reaction score
urban outfitters has one that's made with a nice cotton poplin as opposed to the really thick canvas lke material they use for real military shirts.

you're link doesn't work

xerxes1358

Reaction score
Originally Posted by OB1847
Does anybody know where I can get a shirt like this one by Filippa K http://europe.zoovillage.com/store/...268&DisplayItemID=20757&Position=3&ListType=1 An online store will be most helpful since my area dosen't any good stores.
Hi Its funny you ask that now because I was also looking for this kind of sweaters but couldnt find them anywhere. I went to a local dump store and they had these kind of things in all plastic: http://www.armybarracks.com/shopDeta...&ProductId=381 Now I want also something like that but then in lighter, thinner, better quality material and most of all more stylish. I know a friend of mine wore one of those things a few years ago but that was a brand clothing and looked really really nice and it was made of very thin, nice good quality cotton / wool I think. Anyways if you find anything let me know. By the way I cant open your link. xerxes

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Military/safari is fashionable, so everyone should be doing them. If you are in a large city, check H&M, Zara, Mexx. There also is a v. expensive Neil Barrett one covering Justin Timberlake on the cover of the current USA GQ.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mack11211
Military/safari is fashionable, so everyone should be doing them. If you are in a large city, check H&M, Zara, Mexx. There also is a v. expensive Neil Barrett one covering Justin Timberlake on the cover of the current USA GQ.

Seriously? I have not seen any anywhere. Polo/RL has some decent (mostly NOS it seems) ones, check eBay.

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MikeInRI

Reaction score
If you have one near you, its fairly easy to find those shirts for about 10 dollars at an Army/Navy Surplus store, and it will be real and more durable.

Lysol

Reaction score
h&m is currently making these. i saw them this past weekend at the midtown store in manhattan. i believe urban outfitters is making one as well now, but while both are sure to be bunk quality, h&m's $15 to what is sure to be $40-$50 at urban outfitters is much more reasonable.

Englandmj7

Reaction score
Yep, H&M has a couple right now, Banana Republic has a nice thick one (which I purchased last month)......I think Zara has one as well. THey can be found everywhere....they are also called "safari shirts."

skalogre

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by MikeInRI
If you have one near you, its fairly easy to find those shirts for about 10 dollars at an Army/Navy Surplus store, and it will be real and more durable.

Always best bet
smile.gif

bluetox

Reaction score
I would go with the H&M one it is usually of the same quality as j.crew, urban outfitters, and bananarepublic and much cheaper.

Buddy Love

Reaction score
98,2 % percent of "stylish" Finnish males currently have something camo or military style now. Can you spell "A-t-t-a-c-k o-f t-h-e c-l-o-n-e-s"?

Personally, I stay away until the trend passes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads