Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Military style shirts

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by OB1847, Aug 23, 2006.

1. OB1847

OB1847 Active Member

2. sbbbjm

sbbbjm Senior member

urban outfitters has one that's made with a nice cotton poplin as opposed to the really thick canvas lke material they use for real military shirts.

you're link doesn't work

3. gamelan

gamelan Senior member

4. xerxes1358

xerxes1358 Active Member

Does anybody know where I can get a shirt like this one by Filippa K http://europe.zoovillage.com/store/...268&DisplayItemID=20757&Position=3&ListType=1 An online store will be most helpful since my area dosen't any good stores.
    Hi Its funny you ask that now because I was also looking for this kind of sweaters but couldnt find them anywhere. I went to a local dump store and they had these kind of things in all plastic: http://www.armybarracks.com/shopDeta...&ProductId=381 Now I want also something like that but then in lighter, thinner, better quality material and most of all more stylish. I know a friend of mine wore one of those things a few years ago but that was a brand clothing and looked really really nice and it was made of very thin, nice good quality cotton / wool I think. Anyways if you find anything let me know. By the way I cant open your link. xerxes

5. ejquin

ejquin Well-Known Member

There's a J Crew shirt similar to the one you posted here:

http://www.jcrew.com/catalog/product...atId=cat106037

Not my favorite but it's similar.

Varvatos makes one that's a lot nicer I saw in Nordstrom in Chicago, but it's a lot pricier and not sure where else you could get it.

6. mack11211

mack11211 Senior member

Military/safari is fashionable, so everyone should be doing them. If you are in a large city, check H&M, Zara, Mexx. There also is a v. expensive Neil Barrett one covering Justin Timberlake on the cover of the current USA GQ.

7. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

Military/safari is fashionable, so everyone should be doing them. If you are in a large city, check H&M, Zara, Mexx. There also is a v. expensive Neil Barrett one covering Justin Timberlake on the cover of the current USA GQ.

Seriously? I have not seen any anywhere. Polo/RL has some decent (mostly NOS it seems) ones, check eBay.

8. Renault78law

Renault78law Senior member

I have a similar shirt made by Imperial.

9. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

10. MikeInRI

MikeInRI New Member

If you have one near you, its fairly easy to find those shirts for about 10 dollars at an Army/Navy Surplus store, and it will be real and more durable.

11. Lysol

Lysol Senior member

h&m is currently making these. i saw them this past weekend at the midtown store in manhattan. i believe urban outfitters is making one as well now, but while both are sure to be bunk quality, h&m's $15 to what is sure to be $40-$50 at urban outfitters is much more reasonable.

12. Englandmj7

Englandmj7 Senior member

Yep, H&M has a couple right now, Banana Republic has a nice thick one (which I purchased last month)......I think Zara has one as well. THey can be found everywhere....they are also called "safari shirts."

13. skalogre

skalogre Senior member

If you have one near you, its fairly easy to find those shirts for about 10 dollars at an Army/Navy Surplus store, and it will be real and more durable.

Always best bet [​IMG]

14. bluetox

bluetox Active Member

I would go with the H&M one it is usually of the same quality as j.crew, urban outfitters, and bananarepublic and much cheaper.

15. Buddy Love

Buddy Love Senior member

98,2 % percent of "stylish" Finnish males currently have something camo or military style now. Can you spell "A-t-t-a-c-k o-f t-h-e c-l-o-n-e-s"?

Personally, I stay away until the trend passes.