• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milan: suit below €1,500?

lorcar

Reaction score
have been searching around, and could find some old tailor doing a bespoke for €1,200 + the cost of the cloth. Assuming €100/meter and 3 meters needed, overall we are above €1,500.
Problem is that with these old men you cannot see what they do, since they either come to your place/office or show up in another store, so there is no collection of their past work.

I am told tailor Santerasmocinque makes it for 1,600. All the others i have checked, like NH, are even higher.

Anyone has experience with someone cheaper that you can recommend?
I am told about someone outside Milan, being at 700 + VAT, but it's 45 minutes drive everytime.
I also know in Parma where they do the Caruso, it's called Maco, pretty good as well, but another trip.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would do better to try to establish what you get with each before taking any decision. Forty five drive is nothing if €700 buys you the same as €1500, something I doubt. But, what is the difference?

lorcar

Reaction score
Deplano make suits for €800+vat which is below 1,000

Fabio Sodano starts from €1,700 instead. Which remains too high for me.

No idea about small differences. But also Deplano are bespoke and you can personalize. You go directly to their premise and seems to have big followers. For me 45 minutes drive (one way), fuel, highway toll, time, for two or three trips...makes me really think about it

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Staff online

Forum statistics