• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Milan: suit below €1,500?

lorcar

Reaction score
have been searching around, and could find some old tailor doing a bespoke for €1,200 + the cost of the cloth. Assuming €100/meter and 3 meters needed, overall we are above €1,500.
Problem is that with these old men you cannot see what they do, since they either come to your place/office or show up in another store, so there is no collection of their past work.

I am told tailor Santerasmocinque makes it for 1,600. All the others i have checked, like NH, are even higher.

Anyone has experience with someone cheaper that you can recommend?
I am told about someone outside Milan, being at 700 + VAT, but it's 45 minutes drive everytime.
I also know in Parma where they do the Caruso, it's called Maco, pretty good as well, but another trip.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You would do better to try to establish what you get with each before taking any decision. Forty five drive is nothing if €700 buys you the same as €1500, something I doubt. But, what is the difference?

lorcar

Reaction score
Deplano make suits for €800+vat which is below 1,000

Fabio Sodano starts from €1,700 instead. Which remains too high for me.

No idea about small differences. But also Deplano are bespoke and you can personalize. You go directly to their premise and seems to have big followers. For me 45 minutes drive (one way), fuel, highway toll, time, for two or three trips...makes me really think about it

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How did Covid-19 impact your personal style?

• My style hasn't changed at all.

• My wardrobe hasn't changed but I am wearing casual clothes more often.

• I invested in new good quality leisure and casual clothes.

• I invested in new sartorial clothes taking advantage of the sales.

• I purged my closet during quarantine and I have nothing left to wear.

Results are only viewable after voting.