• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milan/Paris Travel Tips for Spring Break

af1snaikboi

Reaction score
Hello All,

I'm heading to Milan/Paris for spring break 3/4 days each and wanted to ask two questions. Any advice would be appreciated. Also, being a college student, I am on a budget so not looking for anything too extravagant.

1) Any good recommendations for restaurants(Dinner, snack, crepes, gelato etc)
2) Any small inexpensive items that I should definitely purchase or take a look at while in Europe? Going to be working in a suit & tie environment next year so anything that would complement my wardrobe for next year would be great. (Please no bespoke shoes or suits as I know there are more than enough of those)

Will be staying at L'Etoile in Pairs and the Westin in Milan

Thank You for any help/suggestions!

dsgNYC

Reaction score
In Paris check out Le Caveau des Oubliettes. They have a very cool basement (from the 16th century) where jazz musicians play after 10PM.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
I've always found the Lonely Planet Encounter guides to be a good introduction to a new city.

Note: the "Encounter" Guides are smaller and much more concise than the regular Lonely Planet Guides. In my experience the regular guides can be a bit overkill, especially if you're only spending 3-4 days. Get the Encounter guide (which is small enough to fit in the back pocket of your jeans) instead.

af1snaikboi

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys.

Any tips on things I shoul definitely bring back that won't break the bank (Fashion related or any other things)

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I used the Lonely Plant encounter guide for Berlin and I recommend it. You should have no problem locating a copy for Paris.

parisinmay

Reaction score
Woeisme,

I´m planning on a trip to Paris as well but am still in the research part of the trip. I´ve been looking into areas like Montparnasse, the Louvre, the Bastille and Bercy as well as Port maillot.

So far what looks to be plan A would be to stay in the Louvre area as its close to the subway, the Louvre, and restaurants and shops. I usually don´t stay in the center becuase its expensive but for the hotels in the area I found TimHotel Le Louvre which is reasonable and around the corner from the fancy places.

At the moment I am checking out tours vs. doing it yourself as I like to get off the beaten path and find things that aren´t so crowded. The exception to this is the Louvre as I grew up in Chicago visiting Museums and the Louvre has always been on the list.

Let me know what your plans are and maybe we can swap notes!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads