• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Milan, Naples, Florence acquisitions and pictures

dimitrioup

Reaction score
Italian honey moon and shopping spree for both me and the missus. I'll keep this post on the #menswear part.

Three cities three different experiences but excellent all in all. Problem is, now I'm hooked to Italy and I have to keep coming back.

Anyway started in Mlian which was probably more interesting for my wife than me but I did get a blue-grey cashmere tie from Doriani

Saw some other interesting shops like M. Bardelli

Sartoria Rossi was also interesting and generally good prices. The real find though was Ader Milano (www.ader.it) which I I guess middle of the line but they're celebrating their 40 years and they're offering 40% off everything plus extra discounts if you buy more than three of any item. Got three flannel trousers (Air Force blue, light gray and a brown) and a blue check sport coat all for less than €500

Picture is not very good and the jacket is darker irl. I'll post more pictures of everything I got later. So this is the Milan part, Napoli to follow soon with a lot more pictures (just to whet your appetites Rubinacci, Marinella, Cappelli, Finamore and more!)

dimitrioup

Reaction score
Here's the Mlanese tally (brown trousers are twill not flannel and jacket is still darker)

dimitrioup

Reaction score
On to Naples which is truly a Mecca of menswear and pizza! We stayed at the Romeo across the port. Pricey but well worth it. Naples is busy,dirty and truly alive. Being Greek I felt right at home with all the honking! the yelling and the traffic.

I went by Finamore but didn't get anything as I'm pretty covered shirt-wise but I did get some pictures

Finamore is just between Rubinacci and Marinella so I proceeded to Marinella, found the small tie shop and asked them to take us to the main showroom. Lots of clients there but the service was good and when I got a tie and a pocket square they even gave me a 20% discount just as a welcome to Naples

I'll post pictures of my actual buys later but now on to Rubinacci (the new English House) which is huge and very luxurious. No customers in at the time and jus too very bored sales people but I guess it was right around lunch time. Got a really nice greenish silk square and a couple of pictures of the shop which I can't seem to find but I promise to post when I do.

Then Caccioppoli which is close to the sea (not exactly in the centre but not far). The selection of fabrics was excellent, the warehouse huge and for those who followed the other cacciopoli post! the tying assistant is indeed very pretty (and the only person of more than 10 employees there that knows english). Came away with two suit lengths and one jacket length

And then finally I visited Patrizio Cappelli who is indeed difficult to find. Intimate little shop and excellent service. Got one tie there (pics to follow).

Final leg of the trip is florence but that for another post

dimitrioup

Reaction score
Thanks derm, it was a great trip, I'll post the florence part soon as well as a pic of all the acquisitions. Good catch but lotsa money spent (plus my wife spent more or less the same amount) but I guess a honeymoon is worth it right?

ThinkDerm

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Thanks derm, it was a great trip, I'll post the florence part soon as well as a pic of all the acquisitions. Good catch but lotsa money spent (plus my wife spent more or less the same amount) but I guess a honeymoon is worth it right?

always worth it =)

looking forward to hearing about the florence portion of the trip. :)

dimitrioup

Reaction score
Part 3 Firenze

Florence is one of the most beautiful cities in the world with great museums, lovely architecture, excellent food. I was mostly done with my shopping by the time I got to Florence but I did manage to fit it a pair of unlined peccary Madova gloves and a pair of Church's shoes (please no Prada grief, I liked them and I think I'm going to enjoy them)

And here's the whole lot of buys

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads