• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mike to return Beatles publisihing??!!

JFKJean

Reaction score
MICHAEL JACKSON will bid to end his long feud with music legend SIR PAUL MCCARTNEY by leaving him the BEATLES back catalogue in his will, according to reports.
The former pals fell out in 1985 when Jackson beat MCCartney and John Lennon's widow, Yoko Ono, in the race to snap up the rights to 200 of the Fab Four's hits.
They collaborated on 1982 single The Girl is Mine, but have barely spoken since, with MCCartney feeling he was betrayed by his friend.
The 66-year-old explained his frustration in a past interview, saying, "You know what doesn't feel very good, is going on tour and paying to sing all my songs. Every time I sing Hey Jude. I've got to pay someone".
Since the purchase, Jackson merged the catalogue with music giants Sony, and created SonyATV, of which he holds a 50 per cent share.
And sources claim Jackson wants to leave his stake to MCCartney or his children when he dies.
An insider tells British newspaper the Daily Mirror, "Michael told his lawyers he was sad he no longer talks to Sir Paul and said he wanted to make things right."
Over Christmas (2008), the 50-year-old Thriller hitmaker was forced to deny rumours he is suffering from a deadly lung condition.
Jackson biographer Ian Halperin claims the star is battling emphysema, genetic illness Alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency (A1AD) and is also losing the vision in his left eye.
But Jackson's publicist has hit back insisting, "Concerning this author's allegations, we would hope in the future that legitimate media will not continue to be exploited by such an obvious attempt to promote this unauthorised 'biography.'
"The writer's wild allegations concerning Mr Jackson's health are a total fabrication. Mr. Jackson is in fine health, and finalising negotiations with a major entertainment company and television network for both a world tour and a series of specials and appearances."

SOURCE-
http://www.contactmusic.news.nsf/art...artney_1090958

I think it's a thoughtful move on MJ's part. Although, I can't blame him b/c business is business and anyone with a brain knows how much owning that much of The Beatles is worth in the long run. But it's would be the time to give the rightful authors (Paul/John (Yoko)) their masters back

The Deacon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I read years ago that Michael had the rights to Sly and the Family Stone's Catalogue. More recently that Sly got them back. Mike's a mother!

JFKJean

Reaction score
...And part of Eminem's and it reminds me that Paul has Buddy Holly's rights but then again Buddy has been dead for more than 50 years

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads