1. Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 7: A Made-to-Measure suit from Lanieri

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 6th auction of the year is for a Made-to-measure suit from Lanieri. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Midnight Tuxedo...and accessories

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Tuerney1, Aug 21, 2006.

1. Tuerney1

Tuerney1 Well-Known Member

Recently I picked up a SB midnight blue tuxedo that I'll need to wear in a couple of weeks. I was curious if people had any suggestions for a cummerbund and tie. There are a few I've had for some time but I'm afraid the combination of their black color (juxtaposed to the midnight) and that they may have faded a little with age to be even lighter, would make them look funny.

Any ideas for accessorizing a blue tux?

Thanks!

Sorry to post so many new threads...I'm just full of questions today. [​IMG]

2. Will

Will Distinguished Member Dubiously Honored

Recently I picked up a SB midnight blue tuxedo that I'll need to wear in a couple of weeks. I was curious if people had any suggestions for a cummerbund and tie. There are a few I've had for some time but I'm afraid the combination of their black color (juxtaposed to the midnight) and that they may have faded a little with age to be even lighter, would make them look funny.

Any ideas for accessorizing a blue tux?

Unless your jacket is pretty unusual, it has black silk lapel facings. Your tie should match the facings as closely as possible. You have more flexibility with the cummerbund.

3. Tuerney1

4. denning

denning Distinguished Member

Sorry to hijack this thread, but when it comes to a vest for a tuxedo, I'm speaking of a low scoop in the front three button black vest, should that match the lapels as well (ie. grosgrain with grosgrain, satin with satin), or could you do a satin vest with a grosgrain lapelled tuxedo?

5. kitonbrioni

kitonbrioni Distinguished Member

6. frankie lee

frankie lee Active Member

Sorry to hijack this thread, but when it comes to a vest for a tuxedo, I'm speaking of a low scoop in the front three button black vest, should that match the lapels as well (ie. grosgrain with grosgrain, satin with satin), or could you do a satin vest with a grosgrain lapelled tuxedo?

I wore a grosgrain vest and tie to match my grosgrain lapels at my wedding. I thought it looked pretty great.

7. Ivan Kipling

Ivan Kipling Distinguished Member

Black with midnight blue, is chic and interesting. Love it.

8. grimslade

grimslade Stylish Dinosaur

The vest should match the lapels in material (grosgrain/satin, etc). IMHO.

9. Tuerney1

As a follow up, the lapel on my tux is grosgrain.

Has anyone seen any nice cummerbund/vest/tie options out there at an irresistable price lately? [​IMG]

10. Jovan

Jovan Banned for Good

I like waistcoats that match the fabric of the dinner suit and have satin facings. It produces a really chic vintage feel.