1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Midnight Navy Tux v Black Tux

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Perdogg, Jan 10, 2013.

1. Patek

Patek Senior member

I have a midnight blue Kiton tux that I have yet to find the opportunity to wear. Of course, before I purchased it, I had invited that I had to turn down because I did not have a tux. Murphy's law...

2. Moloch38

Moloch38 Senior member

I'm not saying to wear in the winter, but a ivory DJ with midnight blue pants. Its a black scarf he's wearing. Agree on the watch. No beuno, but he is wearing a cumberbund in the other photos.

3. Robert Glenn

Robert Glenn Well-Known Member

Midnight blue color is far good as compare to black, I am a fan of wearing midnight blue tuxedo. It looks blacker than black and also add different colors in your personality with impact of light, you'll see Daniel Craig tuxedo in Macau in his recent movie was also giving a brown color as well as dark green color. here you can see

[​IMG]

4. Superfluous

Superfluous Senior member

To reopen this...

Any opinions on satin color for a midnight navy tuxedo? Black or midnight navy to match the rest of the tuxedo?

5. burghler

burghler Senior member

I think it's more 'classic' for the facings to be black, even with a midnight blue tux. But based on pictures (I don't own a black tie rig), I prefer the facings in the same color as the jacket.

[​IMG]

6. clotheshorse69

clotheshorse69 Senior member

Black velvet or sharkskin