• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Midnight Blue Tuxedo Questions

chet

Reaction score
I am new to the forum. Thanks in advance for your help.

I am looking to upgrade my tuxedo and am considering this one on eBay.

A couple of questions: will black accessories (cummerbund and bow tie) work?

Are the lapels supposed to stick over the shoulder like horns?
laugh.gif

It's listed as navy blue but I will ask if it's midnight blue.

How does Zegna typically fit?

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I doubt that's Zegna. It looks fused to me and no pics of the tags including this alleged $3500 price tag.

chet

Reaction score
Originally Posted by bleachboy
I doubt that's Zegna. It looks fused to me and no pics of the tags including this alleged $3500 price tag.

\\/\\/o\\/\\/

thanks--anyone else think it's fake?

alliswell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That was my first thought. Seller's very reputable, though. The suit's too funky to be worn too much.

__PG__

Reaction score
I'd ask the seller to post pictures of the tags before proceeding with the purchase. Maybe the lapels just need a good press?

pvrhye

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Possible that it's a decent suit pinned tightly around a mannequin that's too small. That might cause the Voltron fins. The collar does seem unnaturally far back. Check the seller's other listings and see if he's just a dumbass about presentation.

bleachboy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by pvrhye
Possible that it's a decent suit pinned tightly around a mannequin that's too small. That might cause the Voltron fins. The collar does seem unnaturally far back. Check the seller's other listings and see if he's just a dumbass about presentation.

I think you're right about this. I noticed after the fact that it's a size 58.

chicco196

Reaction score
IMO, if you're going to buy anything but a nicely tailored black tux and go for a color, dark blue or grey, it should be a modern cut, classically styled jacket as you're already being bold with a non-black color choice. The images are of Cucinelli's beautiful examples...

inimitable

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chicco196
IMO, if you're going to buy anything but a nicely tailored black tux and go for a color, dark blue or grey, it should be a modern cut, classically styled jacket as you're already being bold with a non-black color choice. The images are of Cucinelli's beautiful examples...

Since when is grey a viable option for formal wear?

chicco196

Reaction score
Originally Posted by inimitable
Since when is grey a viable option for formal wear?

Since Brunello Cucinelli did it. It's definitely not for everyone...which makes it all the more appealing as a once in a while alternative to the go to black.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads