• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mid year/end year reviews

constant struggle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay so I have to create for my mid year review
5 Accomplishments of the past 6 months
and 5 Goals/objectives of the next 6 months

Could an accomplishment be as simple as: I finished x project by using x,y,z

and an Objective be like: Learn x technology to use on x application

Droog

Reaction score
Having been in this management by objectives game from both sides (subordinate and supervisor) for many years, ensure that your accomplishments are relevant to your evaluator's and organization's own objectives. Same for your objectives. Your objectives should be realistically attainable within the period (or you should be able to make demonstrable progress during the period for long-term projects), support your evaluator's own objectives, and ordinarily be concrete/measurable. If your objectives require support in some way from someone else, ensure these prerequisites are reflected in your objective so that, if you don't attain them, you can demonstrate a reason. This is not to say that you play the blame game, at least overtly, but, rather, than you can identify your progress toward the objective with eventual attainment to be contingent on getting this outside support.

Sometimes, self-improvement accomplishments that you cite as examples are appropriate and may even be required by your organization. However, these are but a means to an end, the end being the business goals of your organization. I suggest you should think more in terms of the goals of your evaluator and organization as I describe above. It doesn't hurt to keep a little list of what you have been accomplishing to keep your activities focused on your stated goals. Also makes the writing at appraisal time much easier.

Good luck.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Most Interesting Fashion Collaboration of 2020

• JW Anderson x Uniqlo

• Nigo x Virgil Abloh

• Converse x Midnight Studios

• Rick Owens x Champion

• Barbour x Engineered Garments

• Adidas x Bed JW Ford

• Jordan Brand x Dior

• Billie Eilish x Takashi Murakami