Mid grey suit in Harrison's Fine Classics, 3rd bespoke commission, details....

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Makoto Chan, Feb 14, 2013.

1. Makoto Chan

Makoto Chan Senior member

I've had two suits (navy, in worsted and fresco) and a jacket (a navy blazer) made by Lee Baron in the last year or so, and the next one will be a wool coat for the colder half of the year.

I just ordered a suit in mid grey Harrison's Fine Classics, which I've heard good things about in a few places. I want a basic versatile suit. I'm thinking:

• Single breasted, notch lapels
    • 3R2 dark brown horn buttons buttons
    • Double vents
    • Flap-besom pockets
    • Plain front trousers, no cuff
    • I'd like to get the edges finished like this jacket I saw in J. Press the other day, but I'm not sure if that's too casual or sports-jackety by your estimation. I really like it, but I wonder if it's too loud or affected:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This'll be my only grey suit, I'm skipping charcoal because I am blonde and I'm not a "businessman." I'm a teacher but I'll be moving into an art/design job later this year. I rarely need to wear a suit, but when I do I am glad to have something nice. What do you think?

BTW, love to hear what you think of the fabric. I was encouraged after digging up these:

2. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Don't get the swelled edges. It is for sport coats or informal suits. If you will have 1 gray suit, make it classic. It'll give you more options for shirt and tie combos.

3. Makoto Chan

"Swelled edges," so that's what you call them! Thanks, I thought that might be the case. Dark horn buttons classic enough?

4. poorsod

poorsod Senior member

Only gray horn for a gray suit. Dark brown is better for a navy blazer suit. I have navy buttons for my navy blazer suit (NSM make it that way so I rolled with it).

5. Makoto Chan

I was hoping to be encouraged in the direction of those photos... it'll be a good suit either way, for sure. Thank you for the comments!

Last edited: Feb 14, 2013

6. tim_horton

tim_horton Senior member

I like the subtle charcoal/dark red windowpane in the Fine Classics book. Most windowpanes are too loud for me but that one looks just right.