• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

microwaves

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
Here is a question, my microwave just ***********. I RARELY ever use it, and apparently my girl was warming something up.

I have been contemplating a new stove with an overhead smoke ventilator thing.

Does anyone have any ideas of what I can do in place of my microwave?

taht is when the house was being inspected btw :p

IMG_3455-1.JPG

sleekblackroadster

Reaction score
if you do a vent you will have to run it to somewhere and use up space above the unit. you could prob get one of those built in super coffee grinder/maker machines. i'd get one of those steam microwaves and call it a day.

hamish5178

Reaction score
If you don't want a microwave you could just get a vent hood to go over the stove. We used to have a really nice copper one at an old house.

SlamMan

Reaction score
Originally Posted by hamish5178
If you don't want a microwave you could just get a vent hood to go over the stove. We used to have a really nice copper one at an old house.

The hood is probably the best idea.

I haven't had a microwave in 5 years and haven't missed it once. A decent toaster oven is miles better. It takes a few minutes longer but no more chewy food.

pauliodotnet

Reaction score
I need to find some options.. might as well replace the stove too then :X

mnn vulcan

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SlamMan
The hood is probably the best idea.

I haven't had a microwave in 5 years and haven't missed it once. A decent toaster oven is miles better. It takes a few minutes longer but no more chewy food.

true. i had a huge microwave. gave it away.

didn't live with one for a while...ended up getting a small microwave for free but I'm tossing it once I find a worthy toaster oven.

whiteslashasian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A frying pan or a Toaster oven are far superior to microwave for warming up food. Sometimes I'll start with the microwave for about 30 seconds and then finish in the Toaster Oven, but the microwave isn't necessary.

A Ventilation hood would likely be a good idea though. No more smokey house!

Willmac

Reaction score
Go for a good toaster oven, or a small infrared cooking oven! Food will not only taste better, but stay warm longer!
I haven't used a microwave in 10+ years, and don't miss them at all!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads