• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michel Angelo suit, any good?

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Recently saw one of these at what seemed like a good price, wondering if they are well made suits. It said Loro Piana fabric. Also, if they are good, how long do they run, because this one is a 52 regular (41 regular), and I'm not sure it will be long enough, depending on the style.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DGP
Recently saw one of these at what seemed like a good price, wondering if they are well made suits. It said Loro Piana fabric. Also, if they are good, how long do they run, because this one is a 52 regular (41 regular), and I'm not sure it will be long enough, depending on the style.

Yes they are good (they are a part of the Isaia group) and they seem to run long in the jacket. Great $500 and under suit (assuming you are getting it at $500 or under) , I would compare it to Polo Blue Label.

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by edmorel
Yes they are good (they are a part of the Isaia group) and they seem to run long in the jacket. Great $500 and under suit (assuming you are getting it at $500 or under) , I would compare it to Polo Blue Label.

How do they run in the shoulders? This one is a 52, I am usually a 40, but got away with a Z by Zegna in a 52 (a lot of tailoring).

grimslade

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
For those familiar with Michel Angelo, how is the construction? Are they fused? Canvased?

Bags

Reaction score
I'm wearing a Michel Angelo suit today. I picked up two of them off of STP a few months back for less than $300. At that price, I think they're a great suit. They are fused, but it seems to be a very light fusing. Not at all stiff. Most of all, I like the cut and the way they fit me. Their 38 fits me quite well off the rack. One of the few suits I didn't even bother having the waist taken in on. I never noticed the jacket being long. Definitely not as long as my Gianluca Isaia (as someone mentioned, they're made by the same group.)

Fairly natural shoulder, 3-button with a decent lapel roll (I never button the top one), pick-stitching, double vented, Loro Piana 120s, and slim flat-front pants.

Obviously they're not at the same level as some of the high end names that get discussed here, but at the price I paid, they've quickly become two of my favorite go-to suits for everyday wear.

Just out of curiosity, does anyone know what stores carry them? I've never seen or heard of them anywhere other than STP.

edmorel

Quality Seller!!
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by grimslade
For those familiar with Michel Angelo, how is the construction? Are they fused? Canvased?
If I am not mistaken, they are canvassed with fused lapels. Construction is very good at the price point.

OP: A 52 will probably be too big for you at the shoulders, chest and length

Ed

DGP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If I am not mistaken, they are canvassed with fused lapels. Construction is very good at the price point.

OP: A 52 will probably be too big for you at the shoulders, chest and length

Ed

Too bad, this one was on STP, btw, for $255, but all they had were 48 and 52. If only they'd had a 50. . . Oh well, I should be hitting the Barney's sale again this weekend, so don't feel too bad for me.

Bags

Reaction score
I'm not sure exactly what you mean by "canvassed with fused lapels," but for clarification, my two Michel Angelos are fully fused. No canvas anywhere. Nevertheless, that doesn't bother me much. In my opinion, construction quality is high for a fused suit. At the $255 STP price, they're a great deal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 15 10.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.3%

Forum statistics

Threads