• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael Kors Khaki Field Jacket M

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
MICHAEL Michael Kors Khaki Field Jacket size medium. Only worn outside once. I like the design and material, but i need a size smaller. I'm not a clothes expert, but i personally love the feel and quality of the jacket/zipper. It's a lightweight material and perfect for spring. The tiny bit of orange in the lining is a nice touch as well. Fits like a true medium but could fit a large as well. Depends on how you like jackets to fit, so check the measurements. I'm a small to medium and it was a touch too big. My friend is a true medium and it fit him really well. Asking $35 shipped. I've bought things from people here, but i haven't sold on here so here is my ebay account http://myworld.ebay.com/chronoaug
picture038pa9.jpg
picture039fz0.jpg
picture040da1.jpg
Measurements: pit to pit- 21.5" shoulders- 19.5" length- 26" PM me for paypal info.

chronoaug

Boston Hipster (Dropkick Murphy)
Reaction score
I'm gonna put this on ebay sunday afternoon(everyone says you get more last second bids this way) unless someone wants to buy it. I'll sell it to someone if they PM me during the auction.

It's a really nice jacket though. I feel bad that it doesn't fit me. Kors is a mainstream designer and everything but the material, cut and construction is good. If i was a half size bigger it'd fit me great.

I'll post the ebay link when i put it up, just giving people a chance before it goes up.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
It is a nice looking jacket and a good price; unfortunately not my size (like you, I'd need something smaller). The only thing you'll probably want to make clear on the ebay auction, though, is that it is MICHAEL Michael Kors, which is the off-shoot of Michael Kors, and not the mainline (which is the one that is just called "Michael Kors.") It seems like hair-splitting, I know, but they're actually two totally separate entities. This difference may also be what has limited the amount of potential interest in the jacket (if this were Michael Kors, I'd buy it in a second... but, then again, there'd probably no way you could sell it for $35, since a jacket of this type from the mainline would probably be $500-800.)

It is sort of like D&G vs. Dolce&Gabbana or CK Calvin Klein vs Calvin Klein Collection (or, perhaps more aptly, Armani Exchange vs. Giorgio Armani or Marc Jacobs vs. Marc by Marc Jacobs); similar names and same company, but vastly different products for different markets produced in different facilities. Most of the MICHAEL collection was produced and distributed in major department stores like Dillards, Macy's, etc. with pricepoints about 1/3 of the mainline collection. Michael Kors, on the other hand, goes to Neiman Marcus, Bergdorf, Barney's, etc.

Anyway, of course your pictures are clear and such, but the only reason I mention this is because about three or four years ago I got into trouble with a buyer because I labeled a shirt I was selling as "Gianfranco Ferre" and it was "GFF Gianfranco Ferre" which turned out to be the lower-end diffusion line. I didn't realize that at the time (I had no idea Ferre had so many damn collections), but it was a big headache and I ended up having to refund. So, just my word of advice...

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by chronoaug
Oh wow. Thanks a lot. I had no idea as i have no previous experience with this brand. I'm glad you said this before i got in trouble on ebay or something.

No problem; always happy to help out.
wink.gif
I just didn't want you to get into the same headache I had over an innocent and easily-made mistake.

Since Kors isn't really all that well-known for menswear, I think that lots of people have this mix-up with his lines. His womenswear is very well established, but in menswear, he's never really had that sort of definitive style or appeal. Say "Michael Kors" and even a longtime fashion fan won't come up with any menswear definite image.

With Armani, for example, his menswear is established enough that anybody selling an Armani Exchange Polo as "Giorgio Armani Polo Shirt" knows to look out. But, with Kors, it can be just a simple, honest mistake not to realize that MICHAEL Michael Kors and Michael Kors aren't the same thing (and, honestly, I think that the minds behind the MICHAEL line are realizing this too, especially since the line didn't sell well and, in fact, created confusion with the mainline buyers. I think they over-estimated Kors' notoriety amongst department-store brands; almost nobody except fashion-fans even knew who he was and why one should buy his garments).

Anyway, best of luck with the auction. It would be a nice jacket if it's somebody's size. My guess is that retail for it would probably be in the $125-150 bracket, so $35 shipped is a good price. My only worry would be that since the MICHAEL line didn't meet sales expectations in the stores, it has been sent to clearance warehouses like Ross, TJMaxx, Marshalls, etc., so this has diluted the brand image and allure even more (in fact, I think the MICHAEL line may even already be discontinued or quickly heading in that direction).

lwt

Reaction score
you are right about the Michael Michael Kors men's line....it only lasted one year but there were a few stand out pieces during that time. There is still a men's collection line...and there is women's collection, women's Michael, not to mention the Kors line.....definitely confusing if you don't know the differences!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 61 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 10.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 17.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics