1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Jackson.  Guilty or Not Guilty

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by von Rothbart, Mar 17, 2005.

1. scnupe7

scnupe7 Senior member

He "beat it".

2. esquire.

esquire. Senior member

I don't know why people must tear down what they do not understand. Okay, he sleeps in bed with boys. But, if nothing happens, then why go after the guy?

In today's litigious world, I suspect we'd go after Peter Pan as well. People would start wispering about why does Peter Pan dress up in green tights and likes to hang out with little boys.

3. bryce330

bryce330 Senior member

I can never tell whether your posts are supposed to be serious or sarcastic - in this case, I sincerely hope it's the latter...

4. itzamazing

itzamazing Senior member

*Interesting* choice of celebrity cases you chose to critique here. These seem to be the ones that always come up. OJ and Mike getting off sure have people riled up, yet other celebrity (Blake, Durst, yadda yadda) just go silently away without the critique from mass media and the public. It seems like people (not you) can't get over OJ and harp about it being the greatest injustice to mankind.

Of course the similarities between OJ and Kobe (black man/white woman is still a disturbing image to most people). Is that way people have seem to take such cases personally? Perhaps. You even see elements of this with the beautiful, intelligent (media words, not mine) girl in Aruba that everyone seems to be searching for......

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Senior member

I'm glad he's not guilty, because all the people shouting and making opinions and everything against him, yet have no involvement in the case, are really annoying. And they lost.

6. retronotmetro

retronotmetro Senior member

What I find interesting is that more than one juror stated that they believe MJ really has molested boys in the past--just not in this case.

7. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Senior member

Hopefully, now that the trial is over, Michael Jackson will stop molesting my television with his face.

8. christian

christian Senior member

That reminds me of the skit on Dave Chapelle show where he's a prospective juror, and the lawyers are asking him questions about different celebrity cases. He keeps on saying MJ couldn't do it cause he made Thriller.

But, when they ask him if he'd let his own children sleep over with MJ, he's like 'Hell, No.'

We all know that MJ is a child molestor, and needs to be put in prison to be stopped.

9. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

i don't know anything. although i have heard that MJ once admitted to being a 'Smooth Criminal'.

10. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Senior member

total BS. you don't know anything unless you were there. you don't know any of the facts other than those the mass media cherrypick for you.

12 jurors heard and saw ALL the evidence and concluded that the guy was innocent. 3 of his alleged victims, now adults, testified FOR HIM.

11. christian

christian Senior member

Oh please. The guy's a Freak, and he likes to put the freak on little kids.

If he wasn't, then why have a problem with him sleeping in bed with little kids. All the jurors that found him innocent for molesting that specific kid, none of them would risk sending their children into the bedroom of MJ. If you think he's not, would you be comfortable allowing your children to sleep over at MJ unsupervised?

If this was anybody else, his ass would be in prison right now.

12. faustian bargain

faustian bargain Senior member

maybe, maybe not.

what's legal and what's comfortable are two different things.

anyway, he's got an uphill battle from here on out, to repair his reputation. maybe he'll trade in his beatles rights for an island in the pacific, and live out his days in seclusion.

13. Dakota rube

Dakota rube Senior member

A bit better than yesterday, all day vomiting for
    Watching the reactions in the press I'm amazed at how many people refuse to believe the case against MJ just wasn't that strong. As I am neither an attorney - nor did I stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night - I've always struggled with the "beyond a reasonable doubt" part of our criminal justice system. But this case seems to point out quite clearly how things work...like 'em or not.

Sure, he may have done some inappropriate things, but the DA simply didn't show the jury compelling evidence.