• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael J Krell - affiliate thread (www.michaeljkrell.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Razele

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrailofTears
Not gonna happen. Michael got hired by Gap, Inc. to do clothing design so he's done with his personal venture. He may still do colabs, though, so keep your eyes peeled for those. Oh, and hit up the G-A-P to see the newest Krell, starting late summer.
Wow dude Gap would be awesome with Krell

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrailofTears
Not gonna happen. Michael got hired by Gap, Inc. to do clothing design so he's done with his personal venture. He may still do colabs, though, so keep your eyes peeled for those. Oh, and hit up the G-A-P to see the newest Krell, starting late summer.

Originally Posted by laughter95
confirm this?

that is pretty damn cool. from cpa to clothing design for gap!

Originally Posted by gotlighters
damn. well congrats to him... i stumbled upon this website too late.

Originally Posted by Razele
Wow dude Gap would be awesome with Krell

Oh ****, I was just joking. I'm sorry if I actually confused anyone. I do agree, however, that Gap (or anyone else for that matter) would be better off with Michael designing/working for them. Damn, basically my first offhanded joke/asshole sarcastic post and it backfires. I suck.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Colby would be better equipped to work for Gap than me :) I don't know what the future holds for me exactly. Right now I am operations manager at a homeless shelter. The ultimate goal would to be involved my my father's non-profit (Communio) that am currently the treasurer of. It is basically developing a entirely self-sufficient community (energy, food, work, etc) based around the care of those that are intellectually disabled. We already have the buildings that were given to us that we need to rehab and we would be ready to move up to Anthon, IA which is about 30 minutes away from Sioux City. My dad has basically been working on this for 40 years after he left as the director of one of the most successful urban renewal projects in the St. Louis ghetto. There a whole lot of parts involved, but it is amazing the contacts we have established. The goal would be to get one of these communities started in Anthon and then take the model all around the country and world (I wouldn't mind living in Central or South America). If anyone is interested, the website is www.communio-us.org. My roommate designed the site and it is pretty cool imo (it also won a couple of awards). In the short-term I am anxiously anticipating spending three weeks with my girlfriend gallivanting around England!

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Our last two flannel shirs are up and are $56. All the discount codes have been disabled, so just add it to the cart and check out. Hopefully we will have pants and one-of-a-kind items up within the week. http://michaeljkrell.com/wovens.htm
1medium.jpg
1medium.jpg
Please be patient with my email responses and shipping also, please. I also have sets (9 large and 2 small) of those MoP buttons we used for our single-needle shirts available for $10 each. If you order 5 or more sets, I can give you 10% off. I will have pictures and a sales thread in the buying and selling forum up next week, but if anyone would like to purchase them now, just paypal the money to [email protected] and please do not send it as a gift.

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Colby would be better equipped to work for Gap than me :)

I don't know what the future holds for me exactly. Right now I am operations manager at a homeless shelter. The ultimate goal would to be involved my my father's non-profit (Communio) that am currently the treasurer of. It is basically developing a entirely self-sufficient community (energy, food, work, etc) based around the care of those that are intellectually disabled. We already have the buildings that were given to us that we need to rehab and we would be ready to move up to Anthon, IA which is about 30 minutes away from Sioux City.

My dad has basically been working on this for 40 years after he left as the director of one of the most successful urban renewal projects in the St. Louis ghetto. There a whole lot of parts involved, but it is amazing the contacts we have established. The goal would be to get one of these communities started in Anthon and then take the model all around the country and world (I wouldn't mind living in Central or South America). If anyone is interested, the website is www.communio-us.org. My roommate designed the site and it is pretty cool imo (it also won a couple of awards).

In the short-term I am anxiously anticipating spending three weeks with my girlfriend gallivanting around England!

Bump for Communio. You people should really take a look at the website for this project. The site itself is pretty great, but the cause is pretty unique and the mission is incredible. Furthermore, while it's nice to wish Michael good luck and all, I'm sure some of us could do without an extra piece of clothing this month in order to donate a little something to this endeavor. Micheal has really been a stand up guy around here and a pioneer for what he offered SF (well, at least while I've been around for the last two years - he might have been a total dick before that.) Show the man some support if you can spare it. Okay, I'll step off the soap box now, but I just thought I'd throw my support MJK's way in the hope of motivating some others to do likewise.

mmize

Reaction score
Any idea how much the new flannel shirts would shrink if thrown in the dryer?

chenzhongbi

Reaction score
It's a pity that I know your store too late. Just bought a black&white flannel shirt. Looking forward to it.
Good luck, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads