• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Michael J Krell - affiliate thread (www.michaeljkrell.com)

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Only a few smalls have shipped since those were the ones used in the fit pics. Most everything should go out tomorrow, Friday & Saturday.

TrailofTears

Reaction score
Michael, I'm not sure if there was ever a conclusive plan for whether or not you guys were going to do that cardigan or not from a few pages back? It looked great.

randomkoreandude

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
will you make a plain white oxford (or pima cotton) shirt the same way as that beautiful blue one?

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The three shirts are up... http://michaeljkrell.com/bd12.html
1medium.jpg
http://michaeljkrell.com/bd13.html
1medium.jpg
http://michaeljkrell.com/bd14.html
1medium.jpg

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TrailofTears
Michael, I'm not sure if there was ever a conclusive plan for whether or not you guys were going to do that cardigan or not from a few pages back? It looked great.

We will be doing a cardigan, just not sure about what fabric except a lightweight taupe jersey.

Originally Posted by randomkoreandude
will you make a plain white oxford (or pima cotton) shirt the same way as that beautiful blue one?

If we can get that nice of a fabric in plain white, than yes.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got a pair of the newer cut underwear in today. MUCH better. I ordered the older one (green pair) and that rides up my leg like no other. The thicker band on the legs is key! Ill be looking forward to some new colors coming up.

Also, I know these have been asked a million times, but I want to buy today so maybe you can help me out:

1. Im 6'1, 215. Normally like to wear an L chest for the slim effect but need a little longer in the sleeve and length on most normal brans. Will an L work for me or will you make your new shirts (pima cotton) in XL? I dont see any XL's on your
2. Do you find these are long enough to tuck in and not restrict movement or come out on the sides like other shirts? Id like to wear some of these at the office.
3. Are any additional bulk discounts or quantity price breaks available outside the SF discount?

Thanks man. Keep up the good, honest work.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I placed an order for the gray oxford in small since it looked so nice. This will be my first experience with the new fit. I was a medium in the old slim fit, but it looks like a small in the new fit was what I needed. If things work out and it's still around, that blue pima cotton one might be next. Now hurry up and get the gray to me so I can evaluate!

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by tonio028
I placed an order for the gray oxford in small since it looked so nice. This will be my first experience with the new fit. I was a medium in the old slim fit, but it looks like a small in the new fit was what I needed. If things work out and it's still around, that blue pima cotton one might be next. Now hurry up and get the gray to me so I can evaluate!

You were the first to order a small charcoal oxford, so yours is shipping out today.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Davidko19
1. Im 6'1, 215. Normally like to wear an L chest for the slim effect but need a little longer in the sleeve and length on most normal brans. Will an L work for me or will you make your new shirts (pima cotton) in XL? I dont see any XL's on your
2. Do you find these are long enough to tuck in and not restrict movement or come out on the sides like other shirts? Id like to wear some of these at the office.
3. Are any additional bulk discounts or quantity price breaks available outside the SF discount?

Thanks man. Keep up the good, honest work.

Glad the undies are working for you.

What size is your chest and neck? Just from your height and weight, a large maybe a little too small. What brands do you wear a large in? We don't stock XLs because we don't sell many. I know someone else may be interested in XLs, so maybe in the future we will make a couple and see what happens.

These shirts are meant to be worn untucked and would be too short to tuck in.

And no, we don't offer bulk discounts.

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
You were the first to order a small charcoal oxford, so yours is shipping out today.

I was? Woo! Do I get a cookie for that or something?? Thanks for the quick shipping, Michael, I'm looking forward to it. These latest line of shirts look spectacular so far so I couldn't resist. I'm keeping my fingers crossed on the fit and will check back.

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Your prize is that your shirt is shipping today.

In case someone missed it, size smalls were/are abled to be shipped out first because that is the size that I use for the fit pics.

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by michaeljkrell
Glad the undies are working for you.

What size is your chest and neck? Just from your height and weight, a large maybe a little too small. What brands do you wear a large in? We don't stock XLs because we don't sell many. I know someone else may be interested in XLs, so maybe in the future we will make a couple and see what happens.

These shirts are meant to be worn untucked and would be too short to tuck in.

And no, we don't offer bulk discounts.

neck is like 17-17.5 I think, chest 43. I can barely pull off a Large J. Crew OCBD if I dont button it up. If these arent meant to be tucked in and are worn casually I might be able to squeeze in.

You plan on making any long lengths?

michaeljkrell

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A large would be running it pretty close. We are at least a 1/2-1 size smaller than J Crew (can get a confirmation on this?).

We aren't planning to make any long lengths in the near future, but hopefully down the road we will be able to.

arkham

Reaction score
Are you going to make a plain light blue or striped light blue shirt this spring? It would be great with the new pima cotton.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads