1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Michael Bastian for The Gap

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by juicemakesugar, Apr 15, 2008.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Senior member

I'd consider the roll up shirt if it made it to sales and if they came in XS as i'm sure it'll follow traditional Gap fits, but i don't have one in my area. I wouldn't really want to spend $60 on a gap shirt.

^^ to above: I'm a small in most things and sometimes a real slim medium, but even gap athletic fit smalls are a bit big on me. Not huge, but just where i don't like it. Button down smalls are definitely too big. I doubt this will run a full size smaller as it's for a gap audience.

2. Fashion Savant

Fashion Savant Well-Known Member

Remember when Gap was cool? Now its so blah. I'm not a fan of the designer editions or euro collection.

3. irbe

irbe Senior member

Take it from somebody that has worked with company for five years+. The design collection never looks good in real life. They really skimp on the material used.

4. Eason

Eason Senior member

Robocopped the roll-up shirt this afternoon, got the last one in small off the mannequin. The small is pretty slim fitting on me (38" chest, 31" waist), chronoaug an XS would definately be too small for you. I'll post pictures tomorrow if people want fit pics.

5. blank

blank Senior member

Please do and let us know about the quality.

6. Fade to Black

Fade to Black Senior member

yeah Eason I wanna see how that thing fits IRL...do it on your next WAYWT.

That said, I am pretty sure the upcoming CdG X H&M collaboration is gonna be a disaster. I bought a pair of pants from the signature collection recently, and while I like them for the relaxed basic piece it is, the quality ain't that much better than a pair of Gap (Japanese Gap though) khakis i bought a few days later.

7. Eason

Eason Senior member

Sure thing, I'll get pics up when I get home from work. The quality of fabric is decent but not great. Basically the kind of fabric you'd expect on a BR oxford or something, it has a soft but thicker hand to it.

8. hollaforadolla

hollaforadolla Senior member

has anyone checked out the girl stuff? My girlfriend and I are going tomorrow or the day after and want a little preview of how shit is

9. mulansauce

mulansauce Senior member

I ordered the roll-up sleeve in small. If I'm brave enough I'll post a fit pick when it arrives.

10. Nataku

Nataku Senior member

Looks like Phillip Lim, Band of Outsiders, Three AsFour as well as Michael Bastian are doing the women's collection. I'll have to swing by the Mall of America soon to check it out. I wonder if this stuff is actually worth it, or if it'll go the way Issac Mizrahi's line for Target did and become synonymous with the lower end chain, rather than the higher end.

11. blank

blank Senior member

We'll see. I'd buy the roll shirt if it fits only because I hate spending a lot of money on white shirts, when IMO their purpose is to be worn outdoors in the spring and summer when you should be getting dirty (sitting, running, grilling, whatever).

12. juicemakesugar

juicemakesugar Senior member

Called the store and spoke to an associate. The lady told me that they're cumming in the next day.

I hope Eason does post some pics because I am a bit wary about the fit. I agree with everyone here saying that their smalls are like tents.

13. Yardsale

Yardsale Senior member

too bad no xs sizes

14. capnpyro

capnpyro Senior member

The problem I have with brands like these is I have broad shoulders. So as I start to size down to something that actually fits my body the corners of the shoulders are now sitting on top of my traps. I like the look of the military shirt though, post pics already Eason. [​IMG]

15. Eason

Eason Senior member

Sorry about the red-eye, the camera did a number on me. For some reason, in the tucked pic, it looks a lot less slim than IRL. Just trust me on this. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG] If anybody wants to give advice on how to wear this, tucked, untucked, or with what else, I'm all ears.

16. skunkworks

skunkworks Senior member

I vote for untucked. Also, from your crappy pics, it looks like the roll of the sleeves is too wide for my taste.

17. ang_kangkong

ang_kangkong Senior member

So the sleeves come pre-rolled...?

18. Sigmatic

Sigmatic Senior member

^ yes they do, but that shouldn't stop you from un or re rolling them.

i tried the military shirt on last night (village at corte madera if anyone cares), i am usually a Med in the fitted blue line, and these ran smaller in the shoulders and through the chest. however, the size jump from M to L was insane - hard to move in the M, literally swimming in the L. i personally hated the fabric - it was stiff and plasticy feeling as well as FAR too transparent to wear by itself and i could clearly see the rivets on my pockets. the buttons were loose as well. the only thing i liked about this was the fact that it was already darted in the back...but really that only costs 15 bucks to have done.

19. juicemakesugar

juicemakesugar Senior member

i personally hated the fabric - it was stiff and plasticy feeling as well as FAR too transparent to wear by itself and i could clearly see the rivets on my pockets. the buttons were loose as well. the only thing i liked about this was the fact that it was already darted in the back...but really that only costs 15 bucks to have done.

The OP officially passes on the roll-up and that "western"...in fact, anything Gap related till they get their act together.

20. unko

unko Well-Known Member

cross-post from WAYWT...
    I purchased the medium, which was a little bigger than I would like, but a hot wash and dry did the trick.

[​IMG]