• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mezlan shoes, any good?

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Good afternoon Gents, Been looking at shoes on't interweb and some of the Mezlan designs caught my eye, just wondering if anyone had and experiance with them? I have a couple of pairs of shoes by Mister which are also spanish and I've had good experiance with them.

Anyone?

Chris.

DerekS

Guyliner
Reaction score
From what ive seen they vary in quality. Ive seen the inside label differs as well...not sure what they denote...?? I have a pair I bought at Saks about 6 years ago. Honestly, Ive been more than pleased with them. I wear them about once every couple weeks. IIRC I paid around 200-300 for them. probably closer to 200. They arent the first brand id seek out by any means, but if you can snag a style you really like at a decent price....go for it.

Shoe fetishisisisist

Reaction score
Cheers Derek, I might just go for a pair. They look rather nice and they have stitched welts so are serviceable, they work out around £170 so not a huge outlay if they don't last that long. They look quite swanky in the photos so let's hope they look as good in the flesh.

Opermann

Reaction score
Mine were nice for awhile but developed a hole in the bottom after a few months of heavy wear. One nasty winter day in NYC was all it took to send them to a watery, salty grave. Not amazing but not terrible either.

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have a pair. The leather soles tend to wear rather quickly as they seem to be more "fashion" oriented than "walk a mile in NYC everyday", but my uppers have held up well, and they are resolable. If you need a pair of shoes that you wear occasionally that are a bit more fashion forward, its a decent choice. For what its worth, I bought mine on sale for about $150, so it wasn't a big investment.

I say go for it if you like the look.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My first shoes out of grad school were Mezlan. Bought them in 2005-2006 from Grapevinehill on eBay for app. $80 a pair and enjoyed wearing them for a few years. Decent start up shoe for the money, but noting I would currently consider. £170 sounds very expensive for the brand.

acecow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I had a pair. Liked them a lot, but they were too small for me. I resold them on B&S. I would recommend buying them for under $100 new or like new. Higher price than that and you can find a better quality shoe.

Alex C

Reaction score
I have a pair of Mezlan loafers I got for far too cheap because the eBay seller spelled the name wrong. They've served me well and have gotten a lot of work this past summer and are none worse for the wear. They're rather sturdy. I've been pleased, especially considering how cheaply I got them.

mktitsworth

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Oh good, I was expecting this thread to bring down a "DEATH TO MEZLAN" sort of thing. Now I don't feel like I'm bringing down hell fire upon myself by echoing the sentiments of the others here. I've also noticed the soles of mine are not long term, daily wear oriented, but I've had mine for a few months now, and I really love the fit of them. I will more than likely buy another pair at some point.

BoomDiggs

Reaction score
I count my purchase of a pair of Mezlans among my great sartorial mistakes. I bought them on Ebay and when I got them I was not happy with the quality of the upper at all and the styling was poorly represented in the pictures. I willingly take the blame for some of this, though.

The construction appears pretty good to my fairly untrained eye, but I will never buy another pair of them again and I got them for less than $100.

Earlbiggs

Reaction score
I have owned two pairs of Mezlan, for close to 7 yrs. the uppers on one (black) have just started to wear to a point of no return. The other pair(walnut) have held up quite well. Like the others stated, the sole did not last long at all. I feel that the shoes owe me very little at this point. Purchased at Nordstrom's for $180.

Best,

Biggs

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They are hit or miss!! I've been lucky with the ones I own. Most are alligator and some are over 10 years old.

JayJay

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The pairs I bought several years ago were great, but nothing from them has appealed to me since then.

JohnShaft

Reaction score
Originally Posted by acecow
I had a pair. Liked them a lot... I would recommend buying them for under $100 new or like new. Higher price than that and you can find a better quality shoe.

+1 on this.

I have one pair I received as a gift and I like them quite well enough. This particular pair has a retro styling that I like without being too 'boyz in da hood' like some of their models.

To sum up, for fashion, absolutely. For yeoman service in heavy rotation, choose one of the more SF approved brands with lots of reviews.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics