1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Mezlan... Good @ discount?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by macuser3of5, Jun 16, 2007.

1. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Senior member

So, I'm working in an office job, and I am looking for ebay-cheap dress shoes (leather soles only)... Now, to avoid wearing my Tramezzas all the time, how are Mezlan shoes for value if I get them around $70/$100? It may seem like a dumb question (probably is), but I just need some assurance. [​IMG]

2. Jazz

Jazz Well-Known Member

3. macuser3of5

Thanks for the input... Looks like I'll stick to AE & Ferragamo.

4. satorstyle

satorstyle Senior member

I've never had a problem with Mezlan's. I find them to be a fine shoe to help stretch a collection. I have three pair in my rotation, a black crocodile, a beautiful dark brown alligator, and a black deer skin and calf cap toe. All purchased on Ebay of course no where near retail. In fact the crocodile, brand new for under 250.00 with a list price of 780.00. There are a lot of better shoes, but IMO there are not many in Mezlan's price range. Everyone can't afford the high cost of finely crafted shoes, but to look good on a budget, or the entry level sartorialist I don't frown on them and I consider myself a shoe snob.

5. rdawson808

rdawson808 Senior member

I have one pair of plain brown cap-toes. They are fine shoes and I have had them for 3 or 4 years now, wearing them quite often. I bought them at full retail but would not do so again (if memory serves that was near $200). However, at $70-$100 I'd be happy to.

bob

6. designprofessor

designprofessor Senior member

I have had a few, but as I upgrade, the Mezlans become the beat arounds or rainy day shoes. they seem to take the abuse quite well actually.

7. distinctive

distinctive Senior member

Mine seemed to abuse my feet (heels) pretty well...deerskin is quite comfortable though

8. Bruce9241

Bruce9241 Senior member

i have a pair of brown mezlan bluchers. its a good shoe, especially for $80.

9. taxgenius

taxgenius Senior member

Just get some discontinued Allen Edmonds which will cost a bit over $100 and take abuse a lot better.

10. satorstyle

satorstyle Senior member

Just get some discontinued Allen Edmonds which will cost a bit over $100 and take abuse a lot better.

AE's are always a good choice, unfortunately the styling is not everyone's cup of tea. No question they are high on the list for construction and value.

11. Taylormade

Taylormade Active Member

I may order a pair off shoebuys.com. They're only $114.00 with free return shipping included if I'm not happy.

If Allen Edmonds were a little more forward in their stying, then getting discontinued models would make sense, but they aren't unfortunately.

12. Bergdorf Goodwill

Bergdorf Goodwill Senior member

They're fine. Unless you do something seriously weird or don't know how to walk like a human being or something I don't know why you'd have any difficulty with them. They pass well enough as beater shoes, and will likely equal or surpass the footwear of those around you.

13. macuser3of5

Hmm, I'll keep a lookout then... eBay don't fail me now.

14. meister

meister Senior member

They looked good.... everyone commented... and then I kick them... and pow... it's cobbler leather unfixable and no touch up possible.