• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mexico City

globetrotter

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
oh, sangritta. remember sangritta. hmmmmm

Jpreme87

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Xericx
Yeah, I love La Michoacana, I got addicted to that crap in college when we'd go to Tijuana/Rosarito. I go to Acapulco frequently they have a location there too. So good.....

Rosarito = Papas & Beer, Fish Tacos, Lobster tail, Ceviche , Coctel de Camaron
worship.gif

em36

Reaction score
Almost forgot. Try El Tesoro de Don Felipe Tequila. Blanco or Anejo, all good. Paloma is a suprisingly refreshing drink of Tequila and Squirt (grapefruit soda), served tall, with ice, salted rim, and lime. You use Tequila blanco with this, Herradura is a good one. After dinner, order a "piedra:" Tequila, Anise and Fernet.

These are all good suggestions. Fantastic city.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
great! I hope to try many tequilas!

Jpreme87

Reaction score
New Mix!
lol8[1].gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will I look totally weird if I jog around the city? Or should I just stay in the fitness center? (also, I use vibram five fingers, so are the roads pretty rough/rocky?)

em36

Reaction score
You'll join lots of joggers aroubnd Parque Chapultepec. Careful with your pace, it is 7,500 feet above sea level.

scarphe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will I look totally weird if I jog around the city? Or should I just stay in the fitness center? (also, I use vibram five fingers, so are the roads pretty rough/rocky?)
isn some parks and clubs with built in green areas people jog, but on the street? yes that would be unusual.

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
going to mexico city next week for the week. any advice on things to do? never been there except for the airport.

Staying at the St. Regis, which is at the Plaza De La Forma? anything cool to do? up for anything really.

you're probably already gone, but i'm shocked no one has mentioned teotihuacan.

pyramid-of-sun.jpg

and xochimilco

Xochimilco.jpg

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here now....hit up the basillica guadalupe which was really awesome. Then had an assortment of tacos at the same place Anthony Bourdain hit up.....

ate at Taqueria Los Cocuyos... cabeza, sutido, cactus, onions, cachette, longonisa....good stuff.

then dinner at the hotel (which wasn't anything compared to the street tacos).

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
just got back from the Cadillac strip club in Polanco, and boy does ****** hurt. We somehow dropped $300 in like an hour...didn't realize the shots were like 20 bucks each. I'm officially a gringo.

teacha.gif

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Street Tacos. Best. Tacos. Ever.

4025488100_eef20c036d.jpg

4025488442_04d2d6ef9d.jpg

4024736133_0fde740845.jpg

4025488886_fec65ffa6d.jpg

4025489082_b1158e4e1a.jpg

4024736781_84bf3ccb8b.jpg

4025489484_c984c03e2e.jpg

unicornwarrior

Reaction score
used to live in mexico city.

you should hit up the Palacio de Bellas Artes and el centro historico. It's all in the same area. There's an old hotel with a restaurant towards the top floor right near the main plaza there. If there's an event going down, it's a great place to eat and watch it from. Can't believe I'm forgetting the name!

Xochimilco is lovely. A bit out of the way honestly if you're in Polanco (I used to live on Presidente Masaryk (sp?)). I think of it as a place to go relax and take in. maybe drink a few beers. If you're alone and a young single man, it might not be your type of place to hit up. Not really a "babe ridden" place.

Go see the pyramids. Honestly I recommend going to your hotel or one around the area (there are several in polanco) and joining a tour. It's the easiest and safest way to go if you don't speak spanish very well. If you could speak spanish, you can arrange a trip with a private taxi.

La Zona Rosa has turned into a hip gay/lesbian district with a lot of nightlife going. There's a good steakhouse named Angus around there. Young attractive girls serve you delicious food. The Angus steak is clearly once of the better items.

In Polanco, you can walk to the Anthropology museum and a lot of things pretty easily. The Zoo is not far from there either. There are a lot of nice restaurants, a few hip bars, and some good taco places in the area. The Camino Real hotel in that area has some very good restaurants in it. Check it out. Oh and if you walk out the back exit of hotel and turn right, cross the street there is a fantastic little taco restaurant. It has a red logo, but I forgot the name haha. i'm useless, i know.

If you have kids with you, try "el papalote". it's a fantastic children's museum and the surrounding area is really nice. There's a theme park too, but not really something you'll want to catch ha.

There's really a lot of **** to do. I know where all the goth kids hang out, I know where all the rocker/iron maiden loving kids have gatherings. There's several parks that have great art sales on sundays. Honestly, I'd mainly try to stick with the more "touristy" attractions.

If you're alone, just make sure to watch your back and notice who's watching you. Be wary of the Taxi's you take. Watch out what nightclubs you go to, if they know you're a foreigner some will make sure to try to upcharge items and get obscene money out of you...and they're not friendly.

just have fun.

Xericx

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The Basillica of Guadalupe was AWESOME. Didn't have time to go up the hill but will do in the future.

4024765475_db658b78ed.jpg

4024780367_502c5fc812.jpg

4024776127_d9f15bbd09.jpg

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jpreme87
Rosarito = Papas & Beer, Fish Tacos, Lobster tail, Ceviche , Coctel de Camaron
worship.gif

Nirvana Meijicana!
inlove.gif
inlove.gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads