• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Metal Business Card Cases

hitemup

Reaction score
I currently have a case like this, but it is too big. Â It can fit credit cards in it for doggone sake. Â I am looking for a side opening but similar in size to normal front opening ones (kinda like the one Price has in Am. Psycho). Â I'm in sales so a card case is heavily used, not too mention a side opening one is a nice conversation piece. Â Any help is appreciated. Â Thanks..

Bergdorf Goodwill

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wonder how many clothing/accessory purchases have been prompted by American Psycho.

Certainly a good portion of the contrast collar/cuffs sales in recent years can be attributed to the movie.

Not to mention the sale of drills...

hitemup

Reaction score
I wave to someone who looks exactly like Duncan McDonald, then duck into Bergdorfs.
...paisley ties and crystal water pitchers, tumbler sets and office clocks that measure temperature and humidity and barometric pressure, electric calling card address books and margarita glasses, valet stands and sets of desert plates, correspondence cards and mirrors and shower clocks and aprons and sweaters and gym bags and bottles of champagene and porcelain cachepots and monogrammed bath sheets and foreign-currency-exchange minicalculators and silver-plated address books and paperweights with fish and boxes of fine stationery and bottle openers and compact discs and ustomized tennis balls and pedometers and coffee mugs...

Am Psycho p.178

Bic Pentameter

Reaction score
You can often find metal cigarette cases at smoke shops. These cases can hold business cards (I once found a silver engraved one, but it was just slightly small for the business card I used then.) I now have a leather covered one.

Bic

Patrick Bateman

Reaction score
I wonder how many clothing/accessory purchases have been prompted by American Psycho.
That book has definitely inspired a lot of my purchases. I even live very close to where Bateman lives in the book. Although it is still rather far from the Japanese apple-pears at Dean & DeLuca ($4 each, IIRC) of which he is so fond.

Odd, though, I remember that Bateman's dry cleaner is near Columbia, but he goes out of his way since they are so good at getting the bloodstains out of his Santa Fe sheets. That seems like a long way to travel with one's laundry. Was there no Oxford cleaners around then?

hitemup

Reaction score
Bic,

Your b. card had to be huge. All the cigarette cases I have ever seen are much larger than the picture I posted.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads