• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Metabolism

Impulse155

Reaction score
is there any way to increase it, foots drinks etc (NO PILLS) that will increase my metabolism/thyroid

Violinist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Impulse155
is there any way to increase it, foots drinks etc (NO PILLS) that will increase my metabolism/thyroid

cardio in the morning.

Dragon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same time everyday

Impulse155

Reaction score
eh lol cardio in the morning is hard considering i gotta wake up at 6:30 to catch a 7 bus ;\\.

the eating same time every day is good, i eat breakfast and lunch every single day same time give or take a minute or 2, and lunch within about 30 mins.

right now im working out about once a week but in school im taking weight room so imma be doing 3-4 times a week hopefully thatll increase my metabolism also.

Also im trying to run about 2-3 miles or so a day

colin_

Reaction score
its not eating at the SAME TIME everyday that is important. It's EATING in general. Eat MORE smaller meals each day. Also, more cardio and lean muscle mass will help raise your metabolism. If you cannot eat, stimulants such as caffeine will keep it going...

j

(stands for Jerk)
Admin
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
You could use that "stack" with aspirin, ephedrine and caffeine - it seems to be pretty universally recommended. Also, building muscle mass will increase your metabolism.

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Water, calcium, and green tea also safely boost metabolism.

SartorialSheepdog

Reaction score
Check out John Berardi's new book "The Metabolism Advantage." I haven't read it yet as it came out this week, but the reviews are good and his other work is top notch.

javyn

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
excercising period should speed up your metabolism shouldn't it? lots of caffeine too, i'd imagine. the pills are pretty ridiculous, and i agree, should be avoided...but I broke down and got an energy supplement today at GNC..."5 hour energy" 2 ounce shots. chose them because they had the lowest amount of caffeine, essentially just megadoses of B vitamins and taurine i think. worked pretty well i'd say...i was able to do both more reps, heavier weights, and go for an hour nonstop.

then i had to move a bed (in pieces of course) to the garage to be thrown away later...no way i could have done all that and still be energized right now the way i've been dragging ass lately.

i think these will do for when i dont feel like the hassle of a b-12 injection, which is most of the time. i just don't like shots

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
About the calcium - evidence is conflicting as to whether supplemental calcium increases metabolism. It might be something else in dairy. It might be that studies haven't controlled for various factors that might affect the absorption of calcium. No one really knows.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Staff online

Forum statistics