1. And... we're back. You'll notice that all of your images are back as well, as are our beloved emoticons, including the infamous :foo: We have also worked with our server folks and developers to fix the issues that were slowing down the site.

There is still work to be done - the images in existing sigs are not yet linked, for example, and we are working on a way to get the images to load faster - which will improve the performance of the site, especially on the pages with a ton of images, and we will continue to work diligently on that and keep you updated.

Cheers,

Fok on behalf of the entire Styleforum team
    Dismiss Notice

Metabolism

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by Impulse155, Sep 7, 2006.

1. Impulse155

Impulse155 Senior member

is there any way to increase it, foots drinks etc (NO PILLS) that will increase my metabolism/thyroid

2. Violinist

Violinist Senior member

is there any way to increase it, foots drinks etc (NO PILLS) that will increase my metabolism/thyroid

cardio in the morning.

3. Dragon

Dragon Senior member

Eat breakfast, lunch and dinner at the same time everyday

4. Impulse155

Impulse155 Senior member

eh lol cardio in the morning is hard considering i gotta wake up at 6:30 to catch a 7 bus ;\\.

the eating same time every day is good, i eat breakfast and lunch every single day same time give or take a minute or 2, and lunch within about 30 mins.

right now im working out about once a week but in school im taking weight room so imma be doing 3-4 times a week hopefully thatll increase my metabolism also.

Also im trying to run about 2-3 miles or so a day

5. colin_

colin_ Senior member

its not eating at the SAME TIME everyday that is important. It's EATING in general. Eat MORE smaller meals each day. Also, more cardio and lean muscle mass will help raise your metabolism. If you cannot eat, stimulants such as caffeine will keep it going...

6. j

j Senior member Admin

You could use that "stack" with aspirin, ephedrine and caffeine - it seems to be pretty universally recommended. Also, building muscle mass will increase your metabolism.

7. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

Water, calcium, and green tea also safely boost metabolism.

8. SartorialSheepdog

SartorialSheepdog Well-Known Member

Check out John Berardi's new book "The Metabolism Advantage." I haven't read it yet as it came out this week, but the reviews are good and his other work is top notch.

9. javyn

javyn Senior member

excercising period should speed up your metabolism shouldn't it? lots of caffeine too, i'd imagine. the pills are pretty ridiculous, and i agree, should be avoided...but I broke down and got an energy supplement today at GNC..."5 hour energy" 2 ounce shots. chose them because they had the lowest amount of caffeine, essentially just megadoses of B vitamins and taurine i think. worked pretty well i'd say...i was able to do both more reps, heavier weights, and go for an hour nonstop.

then i had to move a bed (in pieces of course) to the garage to be thrown away later...no way i could have done all that and still be energized right now the way i've been dragging ass lately.

i think these will do for when i dont feel like the hassle of a b-12 injection, which is most of the time. i just don't like shots

10. Tck13

Tck13 Senior member

For what it's worth...

Link

11. mensimageconsultant

mensimageconsultant Senior member

About the calcium - evidence is conflicting as to whether supplemental calcium increases metabolism. It might be something else in dairy. It might be that studies haven't controlled for various factors that might affect the absorption of calcium. No one really knows.