• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Met this chick and I practically screwed myself.

polo votarient

Reaction score
So I met this chick, she was by far the prettiest girl I have met this month and in person things were swell. I mean I started fliting with her and she flirted back and she ended up telling me I was going to have to chase her for like 3 months because she wanted to see if I was really interested, I said okay and I pretty much left. So I sent her a message the first day and this is practically how it went. (I met her this past Friday)

(FRIDAY)
Boy:So how long will I have to chase you before I can take you to dinner?
Girl: we will see
smile.gif

Boy: well I hope that I dont have to wait three months before I take you out to dinner...but if I have to I will
smile.gif

Girl: awwwww
smile.gif

Boy:
smile.gif

Boy: (6 hours later) what are you up to tonight?
Girl: no response

Saturday
Boy: have a nice day at work
smile.gif

Girl: thank you
smile.gif

Boy: how was your day sweetheart?
Girl:no response

Sunday: I did not text her nor did she text me

Monday:
Boy: Hope you have a great day
smile.gif

Girl: no response
Boy
frown.gif
ten hours later) so is this whole ignoring my messages part of the me chasing you part, not that I mind being ignored and all,
smile.gif
I just dont want to bother you
Boy: and I did not say that to be rude in any way, I just dont want to bother you
Girl:no reply

So clearly, I came on too strong and I guess I turned her off. Thing is I really want to get to know this chick because she seems like a good girl, so I faced stalked her and found out she had 2500 friends, I was like WTF, but she does work for some trainer who is supposed to be good but whatever. So I obviously did not add her because she is clearly ignoring me I suppose, she seemed into me when I met her friday though and I think I just screwed myself with the texting thing (******* KIDS AND THEIR TEXTING, I NEVER LIKED THIS **** TO BEGING WITH) so I want to recover and need advice. Shes the first chick Ive talked to in about 6 months thats my age, the otehr girls were about 6 years my senior. Im 20, so I think we would get along, I at least want a chance with this girl. So if you guys could give me some advice as to how to approach her again, via text I believe is best, I was thinking of trying to establish communication again in a week, probably this coming Monday. What do yall think. Thanks guys.

RedScarf7

Reaction score
If you actually texted what you posted above you came off as desperate. Smiley faces didn't help your cause, either.

acidboy

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
think you creeped yourself out to a zero probability of getting to see her naked.

Huntsman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably not so much on the calling her sweetheart.

polo votarient

Reaction score
Originally Posted by RedScarf7
If you actually texted what you posted above you came off as desperate. Smiley faces didn't help your cause, either.

Your absloutley right and I dont normally do that, point is now I want to repair that and I dont know what to do. This chick is a keeper guys!!! I need to fix my ****!n@ situation. lol How do I repair this guys, she is 20 as am I and she told me when I met her that she is a very busy person, works one job and an internship and school, which I found to be very very appealing. She plans on going to law school as do I...

CDFS

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Probably best to change your location to 2 blue balls.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polo votarient
So I met this chick, she was by far the prettiest girl I have met...
You had my attention here. I would do one of two things: Try not to think about her for a few months and then try again or forget about it completely.

TheAssman

Reaction score
the sweetheart, smileys, and then the passive aggressive whining about her not texting you were not the way to go. I'm sorry to say, but you're probably done. Forget about her and you might be pleasantly surprised if she contacts you someday for whatever reason.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You have much to learn. But there's hope...Not with this girl, but with the next one. Watch "The Tao of Steve". Forward to :45 for the lesson.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. You basically did this.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. You texted desperation and anxiousness to her. Once a girl smells desperation, it is done. Don't even try to get this girl back, you'll only be wasting your time. Seriously, don't text her again. Learn from this and move on. You lost this fish, cast your reel and catch another one. Don't contact this girl. Forget about her. You will find another one. Your first text should have been something like: (do not try this now, it's over with that girl. This is just an example) What were you saying - you were going to chase me for 3 months? I'm not THAT easy! BTW, I prefer candy over flowers... The above displays that you're playful and confident. You turned the whole thing around - she's chasing you. This will be unbelievably attractive to most women, especially beautiful women who aren't used to someone turning the tables on them. Hot chicks are used to guys kissing their butts and tripping over themselves to please her. Don't be that guy. I know, I know - it sounds like you're an arrogant bastard. Girls love arrogant bastards - they really do. Why do you think girls are so crazy about bad boys? Confidence - You have to be the prize, not the other way around (she'll text you back with many LOLs. This is a good sign. After 3 hours or more, you reply with this: ) I've got some things to do this weekend, but maybe we can meet next week for a drink. I know this really cool place. Wed, Thurs are good for me. This shows you're a busy guy with plans. You also have a place planned out to take her to (find a place beforehand). Girls love a guy with a plan. You're also making her fit into your schedule, not the other way around. (A few days later - a few days before you go for drinks/coffee with her - you text her with) Hey, I met your twin yesterday. That wasn't you, was it? This demonstrates that other girls of her caliber are willing to talk to you. This will create intense jealousy on her part - women are always in competition with each other, even if that 'other' was someone you made up. She barely knows you, yet all of a sudden she's magically attracted to you, if only because she's competing with 'the twin'!

P-K-L

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Is this chasing thing considered to be normal in America?

Over here I would just call her and suggest to go somewhere; in case she does not want to - bad for her...

polo votarient

Reaction score
Okay, I see your point I came off way too desperate and that way my fault. That doesnt happen to me normally, first time I remember since like middle school but what can I say. Well I know that everyone is suggesting just forgetting about it, learning and not makeing the same mistake again, but lets just say for my sake that there may be a slight chance of me getting a chance with this girl again, how would I go about achieving that? I mean what if I wait unitl this coming Monday and text her one last time, something along the lines of, "Hey, I know I came off as a complete moron and loser via text but thats not really what Im like. If by some chance you can overlook my "nervousness" (thats my attempt of making her smile or laught or find something cute in my situation) I would like to get to know you and even chase you if I may lol. If not then I guess you got to at least laught at my moronic self." I was thinking of adding the last part to be funny in some way.

What the heck, I talk to chicks older than me and dont have a problem, talk to chick younger than me and dont have a problem, and now this girl my age I completly screw up?!?!

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
but lets just say for my sake that there may be a slight chance of me getting a chance with this girl again, how would I go about achieving that?
You can't. Why do you think everyone above said to forget about it? Read my post above and watch the videos, I spent a lot of time giving you suggestions on how not to screw up in the future
What the heck, I talk to chicks older than me and dont have a problem, talk to chick younger than me and dont have a problem, and now this girl my age I completly screw up?!?!
Coincidence, not cause and effect. Besides, if the texting you used in your first post is any indication of your "game", you're screwed with chicks of any age.
Originally Posted by P-K-L
Is this chasing thing considered to be normal in America?
Not really. She was testing him. It was arrogant "I'm so hot that men should chase me for months" flirtation on her part.

Eason

Bicurious Racist
Reaction score
LMAO dude reading those messages made me feel uncomfortable. So desperate, and the smiles make it obvious you're trying to be non-chalant.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads