• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Met Opera seat questions

cnh121

Reaction score
Hi, doing the Met Opera again in December. I attended LA RONDINE with my girlfriend back in February. We were on row "O" of Orchestra. It was a first for both of us. We really enjoyed it. decent view/sound. For the upcoming event, I was thinking about the Dress Circle Box 3 seats 1&2. Not much else is available. It says "Partial View". Just how "partial" is this?

Thanks.

cnh121

Reaction score
Seats 1 and 2 won't be as bad as the second row of the box
That's what I assumed. But for clarification, does it mean because of the angle I won't be able to see all of "stage right"? I remember when I was sitting down in the Orchestra, I was thinking "those people can see just fine".

Thanks for the response, I was actually reading a similar thread (opera seat Q's) of yours a few minutes ago.

chorse123

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I would think you'd miss most of the rear stage right--I haven't sat in those seats, but I'm a stickler on being as close to center as possible since the set design is so fantastic at the Met. For Rondine, you probably wouldn't have seen the bar in the restaurant.

What are you seeing?

cnh121

Reaction score
What are you seeing?
Carmen. My father used to watch videos of Carmen and Madame Butterfly when I was a little kid. So, I've been wanting to see them.

you probably wouldn't have seen the bar in the restaurant
That's (EDIT: not good) to know. That was a great second act. But how jaw dropping was the final act's set? Amazing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads