• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• Styleforum Gives - Holiday Charity Auction 8: Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather

We are very proud to present this year's edition of the Styleforum Holiday Charity Auctions, this year in support of the Ronald McDonald House Charities of Spokane (www.rmhcspokane.org). Each Auction lasts 24 hours. Please follow and bid on all the auctions.

The 8th auction is for a Cuir de Russie card case from Equus Leather. Please bid often and generously here

Fok and the Styleforum Team.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Messenger or Tote for Work and Casual

8bpc

Reaction score
I'm looking for some suggestions for a good messenger bag or tote that I could use for both work and around town. Price range $100 (or less) to around $300.

I've been looking at Porter Roam and New Gripper styles.

bdeuce22

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
gilt is having a lambertson truex sale on wednesday. i bought a messenger from them during their last sale and it is impeccable.

djh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for something similar.. I've been looking at Jack Spade, Filson, Krane, etc.. but I can't make up my mind to what I want. Need to see things in person.

Ace Rimmer

Reaction score
I'm waiting to see what SF member unlucky can make ... he's got a messenger bag going for SF member MonkeyFresh. Thread here in B/S. Can't wait to see how it turns out.

Composer_1777

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8bpc
I'm looking for some suggestions for a good messenger bag or tote that I could use for both work and around town. Price range $100 (or less) to around $300.

I've been looking at Porter Roam and New Gripper styles.

Check out Diesel. Their bags really are good quality and u get alot of bang for the buck. overpriced bags r not my thing, save that for women.

Francis91

Reaction score
Jack Spade. I got my bag for about 100 last time Gilt Groupe had a sale.

8bpc

Reaction score
I did look at the jackspade WAXWEAR INDUSTRIAL FIELD BAG... just not sure about it. Doesn't help that the web site only gives you one terrible view of the bag. The filson looks nice, but a bit large. The Krane Saelen laptop brief looks nice also, but I don't like the shoulder strap. Thanks for the suggestions... keep the them coming

Notreknip

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by 8bpc
I did look at the jackspade WAXWEAR INDUSTRIAL FIELD BAG... just not sure about it. Doesn't help that the web site only gives you one terrible view of the bag. The filson looks nice, but a bit large. The Krane Saelen laptop brief looks nice also, but I don't like the shoulder strap.

Thanks for the suggestions... keep the them coming

I would definitely suggest the Krane Saelen (in black) if you want a bag classy enough for work. I took the shoulder strap off the day I got it and haven't missed it a bit. It looks great and has held up very well.

That said, if Filson stuff came in black I'd probably spend a whole month's paycheck on new luggage.

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 30 3.6%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 143 17.2%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 274 33.0%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 130 15.7%
  • 31 - 40