• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Messenger Bag

bpo26c

Reaction score
I have been looking into getting a new messenger bag and wanted to see what everyones thoughts were on this one.

Thanks!

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I really like it - do you know who makes it?

Edward Appleby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks pretty cool, especially if the leather patinates well.

dkzzzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks nice.
The question is how much does it cost? If it is under $220, I would say it is a good buy. It looks like it is vertical messenger bag, which I like the best.

CoryB

Reaction score
I've been searching for a leather messenger bag for a long while without result. That one is quite nice; who makes it?

Dmax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's a nice bag.

You can also go with something like this:

ce_12.JPG

8c_12.JPG

fendirin

Reaction score
i just ordered a jack spade nylon messenger bag. since this bag will be used and thrown around, i figure nylon would be best. also, seattle rain should be no problem! oh, at $125 plus shipping, not bad.

Stazy

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I used my detective skills and found the word "scully" behind the messanger bag in the attached photo. Oddly enough that is the company who makes the bag
smile.gif
There web site is: http://www.scullyleather.com/ They are more of a western style company

bpo26c

Reaction score
I ended up getting the bag for $100 + shipping. All in all, not bad.

Here is a link with some more pictures:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...DME:L:RTQ:US:1

The seller said just send him an e-mail and can get more bags if anyone else is interested. The e-mail address is: [email protected]

The bag is made by Scully, who does make Western goods, which is not necessarily my style. Fortunately, the bag does not fit that motif. Scully has a reputation for quality products based on my Google search, so I feel good about the purchase.

I should have bag within a week and I will give everyone an update.

Thanks for the feedback...bpo26c

tedbearz

Reaction score
Anyone know who makes a good softsided unstructured leather messenger?
So far checking out stuff made by Varvatos.

bpo26c

Reaction score
Received the bag yesterday. Everything about it exceeded my expectations. The leather is beautiful and the bag is very sleek. Unfortunately, I made a grave error and did not look at the size. It is too small for my laptop. If anyone is interested in purchasing it for $99, I will include free shiping w/ insurance and confirmation.

I can post more pics or answer any questions.

E-mail - [email protected]

Now, does anyone else have any other messenger bag recommendations?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads