• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Messenger Bag for a traveller?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know I shouldn't answer....But I resent people who carry messenger bags.
Get a Suitcase, that is my opinion. Brown Suitcase with nice golden locks and compartment storage.
It makes you look that much cleaner and stylish.

FidelCashflow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Saturdays
I know I shouldn't answer....But I resent people who carry messenger bags.
Get a Suitcase, that is my opinion. Brown Suitcase with nice golden locks and compartment storage.
It makes you look that much cleaner and stylish.

I'm confused. I don't want the messenger bag to be a replacement for a carry-on bag on flights or anything like that, I want it so when I'm sightseeing for the day, I have somewhere to keep my stuff like camera and snacks. What kind of suitcase lends itself to that?

Saturdays

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I'm confused. I don't want the messenger bag to be a replacement for a carry-on bag on flights or anything like that, I want it so when I'm sightseeing for the day, I have somewhere to keep my stuff like camera and snacks. What kind of suitcase lends itself to that?

Aaaah, still if it can be avoided, I would avoid it. However, I guess if you are touring an area then that is different, than if you were simply traveling or traveling for work. Personally the Jack Spade bag looks nicer, looks clean and smooth compared to the Banana Republic, will probably match more outfits.

Chris Waffles

Reaction score
I use a Belstaff 554--roomy and plenty of pockets for small things.

Pliny

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by FidelCashflow
I need suggestions for a bag I can carry in my travels to store camera, hat, sunglasses, etc in.

I'm thinking a messenger bag, but I'm open to suggestions

So far the two I like the most are below:

http://www.jackspade.com/shop/produc...cat=254&page=1

http://www.bananarepublic.com/produc...ag-P770595.jsp

I really like the POW check jackspade. Apart from that the light color might show dirt that's a cool bag and a little bit more interesting than the usual plain tho versatile look of the other one

Davidko19

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Alan_the_hangover15.jpg

Robertito

Reaction score
I have the BR bag, and it's nicely made, but the closures are magnetic snaps that, to me, give it a women's purse vibe, so I don't use it much.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads