1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Messed up and slept with a colleague...

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by Flambeur, Jan 17, 2010.

1. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Well-Known Member

Okay, now we're going to need pics.

Bonus points for video...

2. GQgeek

GQgeek Well-Known Member

I've been in this situation and it's manageable, especially if she's really hot. [​IMG] If she's a peer then you're in the clear, although the fact that she's a potential competitor can certainly complicate things. You don't need to have "the talk" with her. Just make sure it's absolutely clear between the two of you what's going on - and more importantly - what's not going on.
    So he should just leave it up to her interpretation if he continues to see her? We know that women always see things rationally. [​IMG] These things always start innocently enough, but that is never the problem. The fact that a couple of guys on an internet forum claim to have gotten away with it doesn't have any bearing on how this situation will turn out if he continues it. Just because women you guys maybe have screwed around with were able to remain detached from the situation and not bring it into the workplace doesn't mean this girl will be able to. Anyway, it's up to the OP to weigh the risks, but to act like there aren't any is just dumb.

3. sushi7474

sushi7474 Well-Known Member

She's willing to go for seconds, initiating in fact..

Well I guess it's settled then...

GO, GO, GO! - you can make a video of her for your trusty confessors [​IMG]

4. edinatlanta

edinatlanta Well-Known Member

Smalltimers' option: quit
    Bigtimers' option: hire an entirely new staff.

5. fredfred

fredfred Well-Known Member

Fuck her again.

+1

Yup.

Been there, done that. No problems.

The only tricky part was being around "the guys" at work and having them say to you, "Man, I'd really like to fuck her" - when I was seeing the girl in question. We kept it a secret.. nobody knew we were dating. So it was funny to here the guys talk about her.

No "talk" needed (in fact, that'll kill it). A simple, "Hey, there's a cool new place I'm going to check out on Friday... want to go along" will suffice.

6. fredfred

fredfred Well-Known Member

btw - when I was younger I thought the same as you. "No sex with co-workers" was the safer route. In retrospect... wrong answer. You spend so much time there, why not take advantage? (avoiding the obvious problems, of course).

It's easier to meet women at work, since you already have an introduction.

7. medtech_expat

medtech_expat Well-Known Member

So he should just leave it up to her interpretation if he continues to see her? We know that women always see things rationally. [​IMG] ... it's up to the OP to weigh the risks, but to act like there aren't any is just dumb.

You misunderstood my point. By "the talk" I was referencing the inane "we work together, I have to be responsible, so that shouldn't happen again, yada yada." Of course there are risks - what adventure with the fairer sex doesn't involve it? (unless with your S.O., although some may debate even that.) I merely advised that he should ensure that both parties understand what the interaction involves (e.g. sex) and what it doesn't (e.g. relationship) - this is the antithesis to "leave it up to her interpretation." [​IMG]

My own experiences have been limited to women who were even more career-oriented than myself, based in another country or higher up the ladder: I've found that this pre-selection criterion to be successful. YMMV.

8. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

Smalltimers' option: quit
    Bigtimers' option: hire an entirely new staff.

Bigtimer's option: sleep with two colleagues.

9. NakedYoga

NakedYoga Well-Known Member

At your next big team/board meeting, have flowers delivered to her.

10. shiftless_bum

shiftless_bum Well-Known Member

Here's a thought:

Sit down with her and ask her what she thinks about the situation, instead of trying to tiptoe around whatever you (or the strangers on this board) think that she might be feeling.

If you can both talk about it afterward, future tension will be minimized.

This. For all you know she's having a similar internal debate "He's a hot piece of ass but what if it gets 'complicated'?" And yes, women can think this way too.

A close colleague and I had a 6 month affair, we're still good pals and no harm done. The hardest part we had was keeping a straight face in the boss's office knowing we'd had sex on his desk the week before. In today's security intense environment, probably not the best idea though.

11. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

So ask me again in a couple months if this was a good decision...

12. BrianVarick

BrianVarick Well-Known Member

I believe Ron Burgundy had the perfect response to this very same problem[​IMG]

13. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Look at me I slept with a coworker. I'm so cool.

14. clee1982

clee1982 Well-Known Member

One reason why never I get trashed in office party...

15. Flambeur

Flambeur Well-Known Member

Look at me I slept with a coworker. I'm so cool.

Look dude, I just wanted to protect your good reputation. Sorry. I guess everyone already knows about us anyway. Might as well come out.

16. jobro

jobro Well-Known Member

Use your upper hand advantage on her to step over her and gain a promotion.

17. MetroStyles

MetroStyles Well-Known Member

Look dude, I just wanted to protect your good reputation. Sorry. I guess everyone already knows about us anyway. Might as well come out.

I'm never sucking your needle dick at the gala again.

18. CDFS

CDFS Well-Known Member

19. heyshootme

heyshootme New Member

I'm never sucking your needle dick at the gala again.

HAHAHA

20. CDFS

CDFS Well-Known Member