• I'm happy to introduce the Styleforum Happy Hour, our brand new podcast featuring lively discussion about menswear and the fashion industry. In the inaugural edition, a discussion of what's going on in retail today. Please check it out on the Journal. All episodes will be also be available soon on your favorite podcast platform.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

mes chaussettes rouges vs. marcoliani

jeangenie

Reaction score
I was taking a look at these (OTC in Merino Wool) and they both come about to the same price, does anyone have any experience with either? I am looking for durability, as well as comfort.

Thank you in advance!

jeangenie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BlackShoes
Pope socks > non Pope socks

I know that, but is the cost for the rouges due to marketing? or is it justified?
I am leaning towards the marcoliani because of reviews I have read here on SF.

Michael Ay329

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
80/20 blend of merino wool tends to have more durability than 100% wool...same applies to cotton.

If you dwell deep into Kabbaz site, you will find an explanation as to durability
www.customshirt1.com

jeangenie

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Michael Ay329
80/20 blend of merino wool tends to have more durability than 100% wool...same applies to cotton.

If you dwell deep into Kabbaz site, you will find an explanation as to durability
www.customshirt1.com

but if I were to go the 100% merino route (Marcoliani) Vs. Rouge,
would there be any difference?

Thanks again in advance

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Next time I met the Cardinal, I will ask him where he buy his sock!

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, the pope wear white sock, but the online shop doesn't has white sock for sale!

Eustace Tilley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball
BTW, the pope wear white sock, but the online shop doesn't has white sock for sale!

You can special order the white socks from MCR.

I was all set to order a couple of dozen pairs from MCR (the Mazarin in Burgundy) until I discovered the STP Pantherella blowout. Would love to hear a review from members who have purchased from them though.

Eustace Tilley

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Fishball

You can special order the white socks from MCR.

I was all set to order a couple of dozen pairs from MCR (the Mazarin in Burgundy) until I discovered the STP Pantherella blowout. Would love to hear a review from members who have purchased from them though.

Fishball

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
One more thing, I think the pope now using Mancinelli rather than Gammarelli as his personal tailor, although Vactian still buying many stuffs from Gammarelli.

max b

Reaction score
Comfort and durability of socks is not due to the yarn used only. It depends on the machine used for knitting. More needles the machine has, more comfortable and fine are the socks. There are different quality of wool too, depending on the count of the yarn (the count is the way to measure how fine it is the yarn). It is quite a complicate matter, but as already suggested in previous post, have a look to Kabbaz site, there are explanation about that. Anyway, composition alone, can't tell which is better, there are other factors, as the count of the yarn, the needle of the machine, the quality of the raw material...but at the end everything it is personal, so I sugget you just buy one of each and decide which one it is better for you

Featured Sponsor

How many pairs of shoes do you own?

• 1 - 4

Votes: 15 3.0%
  • 5 - 10

Votes: 88 17.5%
  • 11 - 20

Votes: 161 32.0%
  • 21 - 30

Votes: 81 16.1%
  • 31 - 40

Votes: 47 9.3%