• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

'Merola' brand Italian tie / 'Hill & Drake' British tie -- anyone familiar?

Sissy Spacerock

Reaction score
I've got this tie to sell, and I've found it ungoogleable.

MerolaTie3.jpg

It's super nice quality, thick silk, etc. Figured if anyone would know someone out here in SFLand might.

intent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You're such a great marketer.

max b

Reaction score
as far as I know Merola is a gloves maker..

Sissy Spacerock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by max b
as far as I know Merola is a gloves maker..

From this, I found the glovemaker's website... The logo is not the same, but their logo would not be terribly conducive for tie use, so the one on the tie may have been a one-off. I'll try contacting their US rep and see if he has any idea if this might be one of theirs.

While we're at it, anyone know what the deal with "Hill & Drake" is? I've got a tie from the same lot that's tagged with this name, and about the only result you'll get on google for it is someone on SF a couple years ago asking if Charles Hill and Drake's had collaborated at some point. The tie's from Louis Boston and it's incredible:

LouisBostonTie3.jpg

T4phage

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Sissy Spacerock
From this, I found the glovemaker's website... The logo is not the same, but their logo would not be terribly conducive for tie use, so the one on the tie may have been a one-off. I'll try contacting their US rep and see if he has any idea if this might be one of theirs.

it is the same logo as my last pair of gloves
they probably outsourced the manufacturing since they only make gloves inhouse

Sissy Spacerock

Reaction score
Originally Posted by T4phage
it is the same logo as my last pair of gloves
they probably outsourced the manufacturing since they only make gloves inhouse

Awesome, the SF knowledge cloud kills it. Thanks for getting to the bottom of this. Whoever did the manufacturing is no slouch, either.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads