• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Merino V-Neck Sweater recommendations

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Epaulet doesnt make any merino V necks this season, Howard yount only has lambswool.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for Merino V-Neck sweaters?
Price range is less than 200 (ideally 150 or less)

Thanks!

Capitano

Reaction score
For this price, you can get yourself a pretty good deal from Ralph Lauren sale. It's ongoing now..

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
RL's colors are more of bright pastels, I was looking for more of Burgundy and charcoal/dark grey.
(and they werent in my size)

12345Michael54321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I know that Jos. A. Bank doesn't get much love on SF, but I've been quite happy with their Signature line of merino wool v-neck sweaters. I have no way of knowing whether they'll suit you, but there you have it.

Note - the Signature line is 100% merino wool. Don't confuse it with JAB's Executive merino wool sweaters, which are 50% merino and 50% acrylic.

Regular price is about $110, but they're around 40 bucks when on sale (which isn't an uncommon situation with JAB). Broad selection of colors and easy returns. And they're from the exotic, far off land of "Imported," so you know they have to be good.

NOT to hijack this thread, but I remember shopping for merino wool v-necks a few years ago, and everybody seemed to be pushing merino crew necks, with v-necks relatively scarce. This year, everyone and his pet monkey is selling merino v-necks, and it's the merino crew neck sweaters which are relatively uncommon. I do so hope that in another couple of years we won't hit that portion of the cycle where the only plentiful merino wool sweaters are mock turtlenecks. While I have nothing against either v-necks or crew necks, I genuinely dislike the mock turtleneck.

http://www.josbank.com/menswear/shop/Product_11001_10050_330449

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Does john smedley fit true to size? Has anyone seen the easy fit vs slim fit?

Pubcrawler

Reaction score
Hello. I'm quite fond of Jeremy Argyle sweaters - 100% merino wool at $158. I have navy, black and brown and all have held up very well if you use a depiller every few months.

http://www.jeremyargyle.com/c-62-sweaters.aspx

They run very slim. I normally opt for a small in most brands, but wear these in medium.

mockingboy

Reaction score
Joseph a Bank's Merino V Necks are on sale right now for $30; you can get 5 colors wear them out over next two years and will be cheaper than 1/2 of one John Smedley

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads