• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Mentrosexuals- The New Age Guy

Tia

Reaction score
Sorry to those who are annoyed at this, but im a 16 year old female and funnily enough, im interested in males. Hard to believe im sure LOL but on a serious note... Im currently doing my HSC (Higher School Certificate) and quite a large component of this is what is called a PIP (Personal Interest Project) which I have decided to do on -Mentorsexuals- so I'm asking this....

Any of you guys who may or may not perceive themselves as a -Metrosexual- explain to me the reasons why, and how you feel about this concept of the -Metrosexual-

marc37

Reaction score
Hi Tia.

l consider myself partly metrosexual because l vary from the traditional male in many refrined aspects. Eg, l like facials, nice beautiful handmade shoes, designer clothing etc. l am not gay either. l don't really like the word `metrosexual' - it indicates too trendy and try hard. l like beautiful material items. l like art, l like the opera. l have refined tastes. Then again, l like heavy metal concerts and like rough blokes who are tough LOL. l am no sissy.

To me, metro's are sissies and try too hard to fit in with the crowd. l only try to please my missus and myself. l don't care for trends or political correctness either.

Nonk

Reaction score
Tia, this is a term much mentioned in the UK press over the last few years.

David Beckham is oft touted as the definitive manifestation of this ideal. I do not think however that he is likely to be a role model for any on this forum.

Good luck with your project though.

Eric

Reaction score
I've gotten quite a few, "Very metro" comments lately. I thought the term had died out a year or so ago, I guess its still going strong.

The term is supposedly about a new breed of man that takes care of himself like supposedly gay men do, but that the man is straight. Its not exactly a new breed of man, as you look back in time there have been quite a few era's where men took very good care of themselves.

I love the nic. retronotmetro on this forum. Funny and true.

The stigma about the title is that it alludes that a man looks "gay". If gay men were sterotypical slobs, straight men would have little problem with being considered "metro".

All that said, I don't like to be called metro anymore than the next guy.

Eric

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads