• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Menswear???

seanandnik

Reaction score
Every season a new Menswear magazine comes out, I haven't seen the Fall '06 one yet though. I think it only comes out seasonly anyways, it is the best mens clothing mag out there by far. Anyone know of a link or website ? the magazine itself is larger in size than most, maybe 16x12? i have the summer issue, i hope i explained it well enough.(the pic is of 2 older issues I had laying near my computer) Like I said I would like a link to their website so maybe I could subscribe instead of hunting every season for one. (sorry for the poor pic quality but if I put my camera on a better setting then the pic is "too large" or too many megapixels or something to upload, also sorry for my toes but it was a quick pic so forgive me)

kitonbrioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I have found these forums to be much better than any magazine on men's style. However, the forums lacks pictures of under-dressed pretty women--can't have everything, but there is The Sartonialist for women on and off bikes.

DocHolliday

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I like it, particularly Flusser's column. Good photography. It is, however, guilty of some of the same sins that prompt others to condemn "Esquire" and the like -- placement of Prada shoes next to Lobb, etc. But it has far more clothing content than other men's mags, so you take the good with the bad.

There was a thread on it over at AA not long ago:
http://www.askandyaboutclothes.com/f...cribe+menswear

You can also sign up for a free subscription here:
https://www.pubservice.com/subcnew1.aspx?PC=F4

(A bunch of us signed up for a free subscription several months ago, and I haven't heard of anyone receiving a copy yet. So I can't guarantee this link will work. But I haven't seen a new issue on newstands since then, either.)

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I believe I signed up for the free subscription, but I've given up on receiving it and bought a copy of the most recent issue. I believe I missed Spring '06 waiting for my free copy and bought the Fall '06 issue (at Barnes & Noble).

Edit: the issue i bought recently at B&N is the Spring '06 issue, not Fall.

seanandnik

Reaction score
well after i posted i did some more internet searching and found what i was looking for, here is the website, you can subscribe to a weekly mag for $85 a year, you can buy the new fall '06 issue of Menswear, but to subscribe to Menswear you have to request an application first, so i subscribed to the weekly and bought the fall '06, oh ya, here's the link http://www.dnrnews.com/ViewStories.cfm

StevenRocks

Reaction score
I got one for free last year at Saks. Maybe that's a good source this year too.

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by DocHolliday
When did the fall issue show up at your B&N? Mine still didn't have it as of last week.
I'll have to check tonight and verify that the issue I bought really is Fall '06. I bought it several weeks ago, so I may be mistaken and it may be Spring. Edit: the issue I bought recently is Spring '06, not Fall.

JR_Rider

Reaction score
Originally Posted by StevenRocks
I got one for free last year at Saks. Maybe that's a good source this year too.

I did too!

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
To correct my post(s) from yesterday, the issue of Menswear I bought recently is the _Spring '06_ issue. I don't know if the Fall issue is out yet.

I also picked up a free issue at Saks, in Fall '05, but I was reduced to buying the Spring '06 issue.
frown.gif

rdawson808

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I sent my request to get the mag ages and ages ago. Apparently I'm not good enough for them, because I have never heard anything from them.

Note this at the bottom of the free subscription page that DocH posted:

*The publisher reserves the right to reject unqualified subscription requests.

And then this is on the page where you fill in your address etc.:

To apply for a new FREE subscription, please complete all information below. The publisher reserves the right to serve only those individuals who meet the publication qualifications.

It'd be nice if they told you waht those qualifications were. It's like a f-ing velvet rope. I'm kinda put-off by the whole thing.

bob

wheelerray

Reaction score
Originally Posted by kitonbrioni
I have found these forums to be much better than any magazine on men's style. However, the forums lacks pictures of under-dressed pretty women--can't have everything, but there is The Sartonialist for women on and off bikes.

You, sir, have either not been paying enough attention, or just not spending enough time on this Forum:

Supermodels - who's the hottest?:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=18073

Ye olde babes thread:
http://www.styleforum.net/showthread.php?t=12840

seanandnik

Reaction score
wow, i just checked and it was 3 days ago that i posted this and I also bought the Fall '06 issue online and Ireceived it today! I was expecting to wait a few weeks, but 3 days from online ordering to my hands, thats pretty fast. Well I have to go skim this issue before I leave to pick-up my daughter for the weekend....

thinman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rdawson808
I sent my request to get the mag ages and ages ago. Apparently I'm not good enough for them, because I have never heard anything from them.

Note this at the bottom of the free subscription page that DocH posted:

*The publisher reserves the right to reject unqualified subscription requests.

And then this is on the page where you fill in your address etc.:

To apply for a new FREE subscription, please complete all information below. The publisher reserves the right to serve only those individuals who meet the publication qualifications.

It'd be nice if they told you waht those qualifications were. It's like a f-ing velvet rope. I'm kinda put-off by the whole thing.

bob

Since I've never received my free issue(s), my cynical nature says they were simply collecting marketing information to use/sell. Has anyone who signed up actually received a free issue?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads