• We would like to welcome Exquisite Trimmings as an official Affiliate Vendor. Exquisite Trimmings is a UK based purveyor of the very best in clothing and accessories, from gloves by Thomas Reimer to leather portfolios from Il Micio, to watch rolls by Rapport London. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

    Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

    Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

menswear

seanandnik

Senior Member
Joined
Oct 24, 2004
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
Has anyone gotten the new issue of Menswear? I just got it this weekend and I think this is a seasonal magazine, as I only see it before every season. What a great, great magazine! Did I say how great this magazine is? Great articles and Ads. I wish there was a monthly issue!
 

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
5,761
Reaction score
77
Originally Posted by seanandnik
Has anyone gotten the new issue of Menswear? I just got it this weekend and I think this is a seasonal magazine, as I only see it before every season. What a great, great magazine! Did I say how great this magazine is? Great articles and Ads. I wish there was a monthly issue!


Is there a phone # for a subscription or a website? I had a post card from the last issue (which I threw out) and I lost it. I am interested in getting that mag. It seems to be hard to find.

Edit: I just found the website.
 

Duveen

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
840
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Tck13
Edit: I just found the website.

Why not share the link? I think it is: http://www.mr-mag.com/mris/, but I couldn't verify by looking @ archives.

I am not sure that I'd subscribe - it is really a trade publication, and one can usually get it for free from one or the other of the top men's stores in the area. In DC I know that they hand it out @ James in Tyson's Corner.

If one is in an area without a lot of men's stores on the ground, I suppose a subscription might make more sense. $34/yr is not nothing, though.
 

Tck13

Distinguished Member
Joined
Mar 9, 2006
Messages
5,761
Reaction score
77
Originally Posted by Duveen
Why not share the link? I think it is: http://www.mr-mag.com/mris/, but I couldn't verify by looking @ archives.

I am not sure that I'd subscribe - it is really a trade publication, and one can usually get it for free from one or the other of the top men's stores in the area. In DC I know that they hand it out @ James in Tyson's Corner.

If one is in an area without a lot of men's stores on the ground, I suppose a subscription might make more sense. $34/yr is not nothing, though.


Yeah, I have gotten it at trade shows but that is only once a year that I get to those. There aren't really any good men's clothing stores close by me that have it.

Is there another mag that is similar? I have gotten menswear before but it seemed bigger. It also had "menswear" written across the top. This mag seems to have just "MR" on the top and "menswear" in small writing. I remember a column by Flusser in which he would answer questions and such.

Maybe they just shrunk the mag?
 

Duveen

Senior Member
Joined
Apr 25, 2004
Messages
840
Reaction score
2
Originally Posted by Tck13
Is there another mag that is similar? I have gotten menswear before but it seemed bigger. It also had "menswear" written across the top. This mag seems to have just "MR" on the top and "menswear" in small writing.

You tell me - was the link that I listed the one that you found as well?

I could not tell from the website whether this was the same 'Menswear' magazine that I am used to b/c they did not have an archive of past covers.

Anyhow - I can certainly see subscribing if you feel it is truly valuable. I am not sure that it is worth $34/year for four issues...
 

jpeirpont

Distinguished Member
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
3,990
Reaction score
70
Free subscrption to Menswear.
Enjoy
 

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

How do you feel about spending money on non-essential goods during the Covid-19 crisis?

  • I don't want to spend money at a time of economic uncertainty, even if I could afford it.

  • I feel compelled to spend to help small businesses that are struggling.

  • I reduced my budget for non-essential goods and I'm not spending at the moment.

  • Not much has changed for me and I'm still buying stuff I can't afford.


Results are only viewable after voting.

Related Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
438,592
Messages
9,452,420
Members
198,127
Latest member
rollerkilt
Top