• We would like to welcome Pete and Harry as an official Affiliate Vendor. Pete and Harry, co-founded by Erik (EFV) one of our long time members and friends, offers a wide variety of products, clothes, watches and accessories, antique, vintage, “pre-loved” and new - all at unparalleled prices. Please visit their new thread and give them a warm welcome.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Menswear on Women

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looks like she's wearing SuitSupply's San Diego cut jacket ...

And that's not a compliment.

TM79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I've tried (and failed) to get my wife to get something from BnT. Oh well. Someone else's wife has. It looks as if they've shaped the lapels to accommodate her breasts, but I don't know.
Great outfit overall but I am really seeing nothing menswear about it. That definitely strikes me as a women's overcoat and not a woman wearing a men's overcoat.

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
and in storage.

Isolation

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are good sources of shoes for formally dressed women, both in tailored suits/clothing, and tradition womenswear? Just have to go with fashion brands?

diadem

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What are good sources of shoes for formally dressed women, both in tailored suits/clothing, and tradition womenswear? Just have to go with fashion brands?
John Lobb and Foster and Son make bespoke women's shoes. Caroline Groves makes bespoke heels. I basically know nothing beyond that.

Christopher Essex

Reaction score

Carmina and Crockett & Jones make women's shoes and boots - check out their websites.

I assume there are others as well.

I don't have any personal experience with their women's footwear (well, my wife doesn't), but I'm quite fond of their men's stuff.

Reaction score
I've got a couple pairs of Carmina, as well as Allen Edmonds. Retailers for both were not at all fazed when I asked them to fit me, and helped with finding shoes that would work well with my suits. I wear 8.5 in women's, though, so I have quite a few good options.

Berners15

Timed Out
Reaction score
This is turning into a very childish thread - so I thought I'd add my twopence

Claghorn

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
BnT's saleswoman, Ara Jo

Last edited:

Styleforum is proudly sponsored by

Featured Sponsor

Sneakers with tailoring: yes, no, maybe?

• No, never.

• Yes, it can be done tastefully.

• Not sure.

Results are only viewable after voting.