• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

"menswear" magazine articles

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I posted this on Ask Andy, no response there

I was at a retail store and saw this trade magazine called Menswear. It had industry news (like zegna head in US changing etc). It had a series of photospreads called "The art of the remix" or "The art of the mix" (or something similarr) that showed interesting ways of combining suits, shirts, ties patterns, colours etc. Like a tan glen plaid suit with broad pink stripped shirt and dark tie. Quite fetching.

Any of our esteemed forum members have access to this magazine, could they scan and post the pictures? It may be good to find a location to post clever combinations one sees in print.

-Thanks

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Menswear is done twice yearly and is intended to be the consumer edition of DNR. Both magazines are owned by Fairchild Publications. I have one copy of the mag you mentioned, and I'll try to hunt down a few more.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks,

Does this mean that they pick features from DNR or are they exclusive to Menswear

-

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
Exclusive to Menswear...

A favorite local specialty store has a cache of them, so I'll have some. If anyone's interested, message or e-mail me.

BGW

Reaction score
I strongly agree with the sentiment that we should have a repository of excellent photos, showing well matched outfits.  This is really the part of dressing I have the most trouble with.

Anyone want to scan the magazine photos Steve has been nice enough to offer?

I can do it at the library if no one has a scanner available.

****Steve, your PM box is full.

oscarthewild

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't remember if it wa GQ or Esquire (probably the one that has the "Top/Best 100 stores" list) but they had photoshoots showing some of the proprietors/managers decked out. I think it was the Richards or Mitchells in a grey purple label suit, another in a windowpane sport coat outfit etc.
Any one know which issue etc.

Just more candidates for the photobank

-

Keith T

TWAT Master.
Reaction score
I picked up a copy at Barnes and Noble about 3-4 weeks ago after someone posted here about it. Nice rag. The Scott Omelianuk (sp?) article was especially solid, shame it only comes out twice per annum. You might try B&N, Books-A-Million, or your other favorite local book megastore. Somebody may still have one on their shelves.

dorian

Reaction score
If anyone is in serious desperation to have the most recent Menswear, there are numerous copies at my nearest - and best - newstand/store in NYC and I would be happy to either direct you there (State News on 72nd St. and 3rd Ave.) or send you a copy.

BTW, what is DNR? An industry magazine?

Mike C.

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
DNR is a trade magazine, it's a suppliment of WWD. It's not available on newstands, only subscription for around $80 a year.

BTW, in the current issue of Menswear, on the first few pages is a nice review of Steve B.'s book.

FIHTies

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
BTW, what is DNR? An industry magazine?
http://www.dnrnews.com/About.cfm I always thought it was a medical procedure (or lack therof). Learn something new every day Â
smile.gif
JJF PS: WWD is Womans Wear Daily...

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads