• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Menswear in South Florida.

AB01

Reaction score
All I am seeing are these oversized super-baggy suits/shirts and/or beachwear-clubbing shirt hybrids. Found one (and only one) nice watch store in the haystack of Seiko/Citizen/Fake Rolex overstocks in downtown Miami. As for shoes I saw the biggest most round toes only. At least they aren't square like back in Toronto, but not a hint of pointedness to be found.

I went to Aventura Mall (Hallandale/Hollywood) which is very close to where I am staying and they have two Hugo Boss stores. One was red label. I found a shirt in each that's so-so at no discount that I might go back for, but besides Hugo Boss there's no nice elegant-wear. In Florida it seems you are either a pimp from the 70s or a beach bum.

Any suggestions? I'm willing to make the drive out to Sawgrass Mills mall.

Just to help with suggestions, here's some more info on what I am looking for.

I'm from Canada, and my tastes are slim fit shirts of nice material and French cuffs if possible. Solids or tone on tone stripes (could use some regular stripes too). Also, unique accessories and vintage watches would be nice to find, but that's what eBay is for.

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if you went to Aventura mall you should have kept going down Biscayne and hit the Filene's Basement a few blocks down - it's the only one in the state.

then keep going down to Bal Harbour where they have many of the marquee stores - NM, S5A, RL, Brioni, Domenico Vacca, Ferragamo, Zegna, Brooks Brothers...just off the top of my head. be warned that you won't find any great deals there unless someone has a sale going...expect mostly full retail

Sawgrass Mills is the only other place in the vicinity to get good bargains - go to the part called "The Colonnades" for most of the high end type stuff. good luck!

Wicky

Reaction score
Isn´t there a Borrelli store in South Beach somewhere? What does the Filene Base generally have?

Big A

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
+1 on Sawgrass. I've scored some great RLPL suit bargains there over the years, though I haven't been there recently.

hazelmaeby

Reaction score
Also consider Dolphin Mall, just past MIA airport. It has Saks Off 5th, and Neiman Last Call, as well as some of the typical designer name stores, i.e. Calvin Klein outlet.

rioni

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The sawgrass RL store (that carried RLPL) no longer carries mens clothes.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 36.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 59 39.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 16 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 26 17.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 26 17.2%

Forum statistics

Threads