• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Menswear Fall-Winter 2013-14 (Mens Fashion Week - London, Milan, Paris)

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I generally really love the FW collections from Miharayasuhiro. His fall 2012 was one of my favorites of that whole season. This one I thought was not his best. The sleazy gangster thing was a little too overt for me. It's a tough brand for me to get excited about anymore because it's hard to find any to look at in person.

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wish people would look past the wacky chest bar thing and the prints because this was Raf's best collection in a while

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^ Was Raf or Slimane the first to do the overly-long dress shirt sleeve thing to signify boyhood, or whatever? I've noticed they've both done it in various collections.

Also both of their youth obsessions weird me out

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What do you mean by that exactly ?

The Raf collections c. 2000-2005 had some variations with sweaters and knits etc, not so much with shirts though, it looked less calculated than in the above pics because most of the tops and coats were oversized.

KingJulien

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Maybe it's not as much of a parallel as I thought, then. Slimane had this thing for certain seasons where it looked as though his models were wearing their dad's dress shirt under an ultra-slim blazer. I always thought it was pretty cool, if a little overt.

Here's Jogu from SZ doing the same thing:

sipang

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I initially thought about Prada too, although I think it's mostly because of the color palette + prints + turtlenecks.

KJ, I was referring to the youth obsession thing. Yeah, I see what you mean about the sleeves, first images that comes to mind are the long sweaters from spring 2002

pickpackpockpuck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thread title doesn't list New York ( :angry: ) but figured i would post anyway. The Siki Im show was yesterday. You can find the show easily enough so I won't post the looks here, but there was also a finale that most sites don't bother including where you could see what was under the outerwear and shawls. Aprons!

good pictures of collection at these sources. first one also has good pics of finale

http://www.fashionising.com/runway/b--siki-im-mens-aw-13-mens-45410.html#pg1
http://fuckingyoung.es/siki-im-fallwinter-2013/

Last edited:

snowmanxl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
here are my fave pieces

pants look so comfy. asym collar vest!! cashmere shawl looks so luxe. topcoat!

jwjp

Reaction score
siki im was by far my favourite show of ny

hopefully suspension point will be stocking it still :nodding:

the aprons remind remind of the ones raf did a few years back (one of which i own :foo: )

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads