• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

MensUSA.COM, Los Angeles - Bad Experience

fedoragent

Reaction score
Folks, As a LondonLounger, a FedoraLounger and StyleForum member, I have to post this so that someone else in Los Angeles doesn't experience this. I recently posted this on the other forums as well:
If there was a way to rate less than one star, I would. A few colleagues of mine had bought from this 'establishment' over the web. On their website, they encourage people to go into the their Los Angeles store on Westwood. Being a man that purchases suits on a regular basis, and also someone whom consorts himself with other sartorialists I decided to check out their store. I went over to this store and wanted to look at the suits. The suits were hanging there, in the store just waiting to be perused. I was told by the store manager, that unless I was going to buy something that day that I could not look at the suits. I was told by the manager that "Unless you're going to buy, I'm not going to show you any suits." I told him that I needed to look at the suits to buy a suit and he refused saying, "You can buy online, I'm not running a museum." I have been in many mens clothing stores over the years. I was dressed in a full suit, fedora and tie. I have never been treated like that in a store and I suggest that anyone who believes in customer service...which it is apparent that these people do not...that they do not do business with MensUSA. I was treated poorly and rudely and I would hate for something like that to happen to others.​
--- Now folks, I pride myself as do a great deal of you other folks on feeling the fabric, understanding how it is made and buying good quality whether off the rack or bespoke. I have never been treated like this and I hope none of you are. FedoraGent

Joel_Cairo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
wow, that's pretty atrocious. Then again, so is this:
Originally Posted by fedoragent
Being a man that purchases suits on a regular basis, and also someone whom consorts himself with other sartorialists
crazy.gif

mdade

Reaction score
Hello,
funny you should mention that store.
musicboohoo[1].gif
I realized that sometimes people just have bad days, and after ordering from the www.mensusa.com website that they have great quality. I found that if you called them and talked with Michael, that he is very helpful and willing to take care of the bad treatment by giving me a discount on a suit, which i placed with him over the phone.

gdl203

Purveyor of the Secret Sauce
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mdade
Hello,
musicboohoo[1].gif
I realized that sometimes people just have bad days, and after ordering from the www.mensusa.com website that they have great quality. I found that if you called them and talked with Michael, that he is very helpful and willing to take care of the bad treatment by giving me a discount on a suit, which i placed with him over the phone.

Hello Michael

fedoragent

Reaction score
Hello,
musicboohoo[1].gif

I wasn't looking for a discount and I still am not. Customers should not be treated like I was. Very, very bad customer service.

FG.

mdade

Reaction score
Then what were you looking for fedoragent? All stores have a sign that states they have the right to refuse service to anyone sir. Apparently that store chose to refuse service to you. Your pissed because they chose to refuse service to you

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Michael Dade, please go and help some customers and stop spamming this thread.

At first glance, it sounds like he was making some sort of bizarre joke. If you were literally in a fedora and suit, it would be like Paris Hilton walking into a puppy pound and the owner asking "have you ever owned a dog before?". If not, that's the dumbest salesman I ever heard of.

Matt B

Reaction score
Then what were you looking for fedoragent? All stores have a sign that states they have the right to refuse service to anyone sir. Apparently that store chose to refuse service to you. Your pissed because they chose to refuse service to you

Are you suggesting it is reasonable to refuse service to anyone who doesn't guarantee that they will purchase, sight unseen? I suppose one could argue that is within an individual store owner's rights, but then they would RIGHTLY soon be out of business. And yes, I would be pissed too.

M

fedoragent

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Tarmac
Michael Dade, please go and help some customers and stop spamming this thread. At first glance, it sounds like he was making some sort of bizarre joke. If you were literally in a fedora and suit, it would be like Paris Hilton walking into a puppy pound and the owner asking "have you ever owned a dog before?". If not, that's the dumbest salesman I ever heard of.
Folks, first of all my colleagues have been happy with the suits that they have gone ahead and bought. I've bought from them online in the past as well. Being in Westwood for the day to see a customer, I felt that it would be a good idea to come by and take a look. I was professional, did not at all say anything offensive and only wanted to look at a suit. The kicker was that I didn't want to feel pressured into buying anything even though I full well knew that I had a great deal of cash in my pocket. I was NOT dressed in a zoot, I was dressed in a single breasted suit, tie, wing tips, straight point collared shirt, gaberdine hollywood waist pants and a chocolate Biltmore President fedora. It's how I dress every day. I went in there for a grey double breasted suit, and was willing to buy on the spot but didn't want to be pressured into it which I felt like I was. What I would like is for this not to happen again to anyone going in there. I'd like for the gent that I was speaking with to realize that customers should be treated well, regardless. Michael, if you're indeed with the company...please at least make sure that you let that guy know that it was inappropriate and I hope he learns from it. I'd gladly buy from them again if I knew that he'd realized he was wrong. If he hasn't, then that's rather unfortunate for him. Perhaps he should go work for either the DMV or IRS, I understand that it's standard operating procedure for folks there to act that way.
wink.gif
J/K. FG.

Sol05

Reaction score
I had the same experience.I tried to order a tuxedo in July, called the store to get some information about shipping and quantity.The gentleman that picked up the phone was very rude;he hung up on me 4 time. He had no patience, and sound exactly like mdade( micheal dade).I hope you don't get any business here;your customer service is very bad.
spam[1].gif
mer

Douglas

Stupid ass member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I'm afraid the 4- and 5-button suits so highly touted on the website would have chased me off long before any alleged salesman would have had a chance to.

Tarmac

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oh my gawd, are you guys familiar with their website? I just looked at it for the first time and it's atrocious. They seem to be selling $99.99 Mario Rossi suits for the bulk of their business.

If this is one of those lame discount shops selling "italian 100s" suits, then Michael Dade's attitude makes sense. I wouldn't want to bother showing you a $99.99 suit either unless you bought it and I got my $4 commission.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics